☽✽✩𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫✩✽☽ [12]

.
.
.

I was woken by Toby shaking me awake.
"Ah-" I almost shouted, but stopped myself because my mum and my baby sister were asleep in the same house.
"How did you get in here?" I hissed, slowly sitting up.
"I used the spare key you keep taped to the bottom of the outside window sill." Toby whispered back.
"Oh..." I sighed, rubbing my eyes and standing up. "What's the problem?" I yawned.
"I need you to help me convince NotEnrique to rescue Claire's baby brother." Toby smiled.
"Why would he help us?" I muttered, walking over to my wardrobe and pulling out some clothes.
"Because of these!" Toby grinned, holding up a rancid smelling bag.
"Ew!" I gagged, holding my nose "What are those? And why are they in my room?"
"Never before washed socks." Toby explained, letting the sack drag on the floor again "Kinda like a bribe."
"I see." I nodded "I'm gonna go get dressed, and I'll meet you outside in... five minutes or less."
"Okay!" Toby said as we walked into the hallway "See you in a few minutes!"
Toby walked down the stairs, taking the bag of socks with him.

I yawned and locked the bathroom door behind me, changing clothes quickly.
I swiftly brushed my hair back into place, and placed the comb back on the side of the sink.
I went back to my room and picked up a bag that was full of bottled potions.
It had all sorts: Sleeping gas, pixie dust, a deadly poison (just in case), a bottled "Freezia" curse, the list goes on.
There was also a few glitter bombs of all shapes and colours, made at Tobys joke request.
Tossing my phone into the bag, I silently made my way out of the front door, gently closing it behind me and walking towards Toby who was out in the street, waiting for me.
"Ready to go?" Toby smiled.
"All set." I patted my bag.
"Oooo..." Toby awed curiously, staring at the bag "What's in The Bag of Leo's Wizardry Tricks and Tragedies this time?"
"Glitter bombs and sleeping gasses, to name a few." I grinned.
Toby just stared at me, stunned.
"Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh!" Toby squealed "You actually made the glitter bombs?"
"I was bored." I shrugged, chuckling as we walked down the streets to The house of the Nuñez family.
"Can I throw one?!" Toby's eyes sparkled.
"Not right now!" I laughed "We don't want to draw attention."
"Eventually though, right?" Toby asked hopefully, grabbing onto my arm and tugging.
"Maybe..." I jokingly considered (Of course I was going to let him throw one)
"Please!" Toby begged "You must let me experience thou incredible magic! Through the art that is a Glitter bomb!"
"Of course I'll let you throw one, Tobes!" I giggled.
"Oh, good." Toby clutched his chest in relief "I thought you were going to deny me that joy."

.
.
.

I used my levitation magic and picked up a stone when we got to the Nuñez residence, repeatedly tapping it against NotEnriques bedroom window to get his attention.
NotEnriques green face appeared at the window.
"What?" He hissed, opening it.
I quickly explained what we needed him to do. "So, basically we need you to go into the DarkLands, using the Fetch, and rescue baby Nuñez."
"What's in it for me?" NotEnrique glared down from the second floor.
"Toby." I nudged him.
"Let's see what we have here..." Toby fished around in the corpse scented sack "Got some argyle, polka-dots, extra-long tube, and these—" Toby pulled out some socks that looked like they used to be white, but were now black at the ends, and looked like stuff was growing on them.
"Oh, now, these have never been washed." Toby continued "It practically stands up on its own." Toby took the fungus sock and held it up towards NotEnrique.
I retched, turning my head away so I wasn't sick everywhere.
I heard Toby sniff it, and then the sound of gagging.
"We're talking months of toe-sweat and—" Toby gagged again "Gym classes." Toby finished.
I turned back around to see NotEnrique considering for a moment.
"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Stop the trolley!" NotEnrique then said quickly "You want me to crawl through the Fetch, into the DarkLands, and rescue Claire's baby brother, for a few pairs of smelly, stinky, never been washed—" I saw NotEnrique drool slightly.
"Oh, come on!" I encouraged "You know the DarkLands. You can rescue him!" I took the fungus-sock off Toby and levitated it up to NotEnrique, but so it was just out of his reach.
"No!" NotEnrique shook his head "No amount of socks will get me back into that freak show." NotEnrique crossed his arms, showing us he wasn't interested in this plan whatsoever.
NotEnrique then disappeared from the window.
"Cmon." Toby sighed disappointedly "Let's go."
"I'm going to cut off my hand after holding this." I shuddered, bringing the fungus-sock back towards us and shoving it back into the corpse scented sack.
Toby looked really sad.
I then got a bright and sparkling idea "Hey Tobes..." I whispered, reaching into my bag "Yknow what would cheer you up?"
"What?" Toby muttered "What could possibly cheer m—" Toby stopped when I drew out a glass bottle, full to the brim with multicoloured glitter.
I grinned when I saw the mesmerised look on Tobys face.
Toby carefully took it out my hand "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Toby hugged me tightly.
"Can't—breath!" I gasped and Toby let go.
"Oh, sorry!" Toby smiled guiltily "I'm going to save this for a special occasion." Toby pocketed the glitter bomb.
"It explodes under slight pressure, so be careful." I advised.
"When am I not careful?" Toby brightly grinned.
I raised my eyebrows at him.
"Yeah, okay..." Toby muttered.