♌︎༻𝐆𝐧𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐲༺♌︎

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"For centuries, the troll and human worlds stood separate and at peace, divided by bridges that acted as doorways between our two realms. But the Gumm-Gumms wanted to devour all of mankind. They were led by Gunmar The Black. The rest of trollkind fought against him, culminating in the great Battle of Killahead Bridge, the portal to Gunmars DarkLands. After many moons, good triumphed over evil, and our great Trollhunter, Deya The Deliverer, locked Gunmar away, exiling him to the DarkLands, and sealed the Killahead Bridge with the sacred amulet. After, we tore it apart stone by stone. We left the old world in search for peace. We stowed away on a ship called the Mayflower, just a handful of us and some gnomes we'd brought along for companionship and nourishment. Finally we arrived in a strange and exotic realm." Blinky read.
"New Jersey." Aaarrrgghh told us.
"We kept walking. Eventually, we came across a new Heartstone, and we realised we had found a new home...under Arcadia." Blinky finished, looking up.
Me, Toby and Aaarrrgghh were all paying attention, but unfortunately, Jim wasn't.
Jim had fallen asleep, snoring as well.
Blinky groaned at this as approached Jim, holding the book in front of his face, then abruptly slammed it shut.
Jim started awake "¡Lo siento, Señor Draal! ¡No me mates!" Jim cried out.
"The training of Troll history might seem like a minor duty, Master Jim, but-" Blinky insisted.
"Sorry, I pulled an all-nighter studying for my Spanish Comprehension exam and my brain is muy gooey." Jim apologised.
"I don't know, I guess I thought if I'm facing Draal in a week, my training would be a little more...active." Jim sighed, stretching and standing up.
"Yeah, like when is he gonna learn Troll-kwondo? Or Rock-itzu?" Toby asked, practically bouncing off the walls, as he threw an arm around Jim.
I stood up, stretching because we had been here awhile.
"Before one fights, Toby D, one must understand why one fights." Blinky explained. "For these precious early steps will decide whether a young Trollhunter will become a Deya The Deliverer..." Blinky pointed to Deya The Deliverer's statue.
"Or Unkar The Unfortunate." Aaarrrgghh grunted.
"Well, tomorrow, my Spanish exam with Señor Uhl The Unforgiving, my main concern is for my immediate future." Jim said with a hint of fear at the mention of Señor Uhls name.
"Do you remember what happened when I didn't do the last two lines of my paragraph?" I shuddered, speaking for the first time.
"Yeah, it was practically manual labour." Toby frowned.
"What happened?" Aaarrrgghh asked.
"I had to clean all the toilets in the building, and not a lot of people flush!" I cried.
"See!" Jim pointed to me.
"But, to learn what will happen in the future, one must only look to the past." Blinky smiled, dropping his heavy book into Jim's arms.
Jim's legs bucked at the sudden weight.
"I recommend A Brief Recapitulation of Troll Lore by the venerable Bedehilde." Blinky advised Jim. "Volume one of forty-seven."
Jim stacked his Spanish book onto of A Brief Recapitulation of Troll Lore, Volume 1 of 47.
"Okay, but if I don't pass this exam, I'm grounded, and I can't be the Trollhunter." Jim backed away from us.
"Sorry, Blinky, but the amulet chose me and now I have two lives to keep up." Jim sighed.
A female troll them came sprinting into The Heros Forge.
"Oh, no. Is it the Heartstone?" Blinky asked.
"No! No!" The female troll gasped for air.
"Stalking?" Aaarrrgghh asked.
"Is Bular in Trollmarket?" Jim inquired.
"No! Gnome! Rogue Gnome!" The female troll panicked, loud voice echoing off the walls.

.
.
.

"Get your toasters here!" Was what we heard when we reached the main marketplace.
"First, I couldn't find my monocle, then my collection of bed coils. Now something disappears every minute!" The female troll yelled.
She was then knocked backwards by a tiny creature zipping across the floor and giggling it's head off.
"Ah, yes. Gnome." Blinky sighed, offering the female troll a hand back up but she batted it away.
"Dirty little pests." She seethed. "Up to last week, the glue traps were working fine." She pulled out the skeleton of a Gnome, it still had its little red hat on and everything.
The Gnome skeleton was then snatched from her hand by the still alive gnome zipping around her shop.
"Fix it, Trollhunter!" The female troll begged.
"Uh, yeah, I'm really sorry about that. See, you gnome-catcher, and I'm, well, the Trollhunter, so-" Jim was cut off by Blinky.
"Oh, no, Master Jim. The Trollhunter cannot refuse the call." Blinky announced "And what better a call for you to train with than a pint-sized quarry?"
The rogue Gnome then emerged from a curtain made of socks, strumming a make-shift guitar.
"He's trying to distract us! Hold tight to your valuables." Blinky instructed, pointing to me, Toby and Jim.
"Why?" Toby chuckled, clapping along to the melody that the Gnome was strumming on its toothpick guitar. "He can't be that bad."
The Gnome then zipped out of sight and stole Tobys belt. Followed by that annoying giggling noise.
"Oh, no! My belt!" He cried.
"At least he didn't take my Nougat Nummy." Toby laughed, but then gasped when it was swiped from his palm.
"We need to catch that Gnome." Toby thundered darkly.
I was focusing on Toby so I didn't think to pay attention to what I might lose.
I blinked and my pendant had disappeared from around my neck.
"No!" I groaned "He stole my pendant!"
"Is this your family heirloom pendant?" Toby asked, I nodded.
"Your mom is not gonna be happy." Toby acknowledged.
"Yes, thank you Toby." I said, rolling my eyes.
Jim face palmed.
The Gnomes giggling started up again as he ran at lightning speed round the room.
"Over there!" Toby pointed up.
The Gnome was gone.
"There!" I pointed to the shelves.
The Gnome was gone.
"Oh! Over there!" Jim pointed to the pottery on the floor.
The Gnome was gone.
"No! Over here!" Blinky pointed to purple neon sign.
The Gnome was gone.
"Right here." Aaarrrgghh grunted, pointing to the top of his head where the Gnome was leaning against his horns.
But once again, the Gnome was gone.
Jim dived as the Gnome sprinted across the floor but missed.
The Gnome then appeared inside a basket.
Blinky pounced on his but the basket had a hole in it.
The Gnome waved to us and ran again, swiping a saw from the ropes hanging from the ceiling.
"My beautiful saw! Catch him!" The female troll cried.
Jim, me, Toby and Blinky all went after the Gnome at the same time.
We all dived for it when we saw it on the floor, causing us to fall into a pile. But Jim had the Gnome in his hands.
Never mind, the Gnome was gone.
We all stood up and I tried to ignore the ache in my rib after being jumped on.
Aaarrrgghh let the Gnome get by, by lifting his foot up.
Jim looked at him in disbelief from the floor.
"Pacifist." Aaarrrgghh shrugged.
I heard the Gnome zip round again.
"Oh, no. Where's the amulet?" Jim asked.
We all saw the Gnome on the floor, holding the amulet.
"Oh, no." Blinky panicked.
The Gnome laughed evilly and zipped away, disappearing behind a wardrobe.
Aaarrrgghh pushed the wardrobe out of the way to reveal a small tunnel.
I could hear the devilish giggling echoing off the walls.
"Hole." Aaarrrgghh said.
"Yes, it appears the plot quite literally deepens." Blinky nodded.
"Come back. Come back." Jim urged, reaching down the hole, looking for the Gnome.
"Shouldn't the amulet be coming back to me right about now?" An annoyed Jim asked Blinky.
"Dolefully that rule only applies if you've rejected it." Blinky sighed sadly. "When thieved, it's another story."
"If you had read A Brief Recapitulation, you would have know that." Blinky claimed.
"Some Trollhunter you are." The female troll commented. "Jim, The Babyhanded." She added, snatching a sack of something out of Tobys hands.
"Master Jim, press on. This is not the moniker you want." Blinky lectured Jim.
"What else can I do?" Jim asked "I can't fit in that hole."
"Hmm...currently." Blinky pondered.
"Bad idea." Aaarrrgghh claimed.
"No Trollhunter has ever lost his amulet." Blinky argued "We'll need time to procure the Furgolator."
"What's a Furgolator?" I asked, arms crossed.
"Yeah, what's a Furgolator?" Jim repeated.
"Uh, neither of you need to worry about anything." Blinky declared.
"Tend to your studies, Master Jim. We'll watch over the whole." Blinky reassured us. "Tomorrow, you'll return fresh to deal with this, uh..." Blinky trailed off "Little problem."