✧☾𝐁𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐏𝟐☽✧

☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽

I just didn't know what to do with myself at this point.
I've been given a weird, talking book by a woman I've never seen before, Jim's house got broken into and now he's raving about trolls. I was starting to believe him though, little by little.
I needed to clear my head.
It was the morning after the book incident. I had shoved it under my bed in hopes my mum wouldnt find it, covering it in blankets.
I pulled on my heaphones and called to my mum that I was going out. It was Saturday so I didn't have to worry about school.
I pulled up some random playlist and let the music drift into the background of another day in Arcadia.

.
.
.

I walked all the way to town centre, Arctic Monkeys lyrics blasting in my ears because I had turned my volume up.
It was quiet a pleasant day to be fair, a clear sky and a nice breeze is always better than torrential rain or a heatwave.
I walked past the music store to see Jim sprinting into the Dentists. "I wonder what he's doing...Ohhh, Tobys got that appointment today...Maybe somethings happened?..."
I was going to pick up a new disc but that can wait, this seems much more interesting.

.
.
.

I crossed the road and swung open the door to the Dentists.
"He's with a patient right now-" A woman at the desk began, I completely ignored her though.
I strided across the waiting area and opened the door to Toby's orthodontist's room, closing it behind me, to see Jim standing over Toby as he got things shoved into his mouth.
"What?" Jim muttered, confused about God knows what.
"He says, This can't wait man?" The orthodontist said.
Toby saw I had come in and waved slightly to me before scrunching his face up in pain as his teeth were drilled. Toby cried out and I winced at the thought of having my teeth drilled like that.
Jim still hadnt noticed that I had come in.
"I've already waited until morning. Who goes to the dentist two days in a row?" Jim shouted, putting emphasis on "two".
Toby screamed as the drill was pulled from his mouth, a single tear rolled down his cheek. "Poor Toby..." I thought.
Toby then mumbled something incoherent.
"Huh?" I piped up, speaking for the first time and making Jim jump, he still didn't turn around though.
"I want to get these braces off before I'm 30." The orthodontist repeated, shoving another thing that I cant be bothered to name into Tobys mouth, to keep it from closing.
"What?" Jim questioned again, I don't even think he's listening right now.
Toby tried to speak with the thing in his mouth but it was proved impossible.
"It's like my mouth is a city engineering project." The orthodontist grumbled, pulling the mirror over Tobys head.
"How much longer is this gonna take?" Jim asked swiftly, gesturing rapidly with his hands.
The orthodontist didnt reply, but pulled a very sharp, very terrifying tool out of his pocket.
Toby gasped in protest at the sight of it and tried to move away, but his head was held down by the orthodontists right hand.
This was gonna be a long day...

.
.
.

It was 6 o'clock in the evening when Toby's appointment was finally done.
Jim had dragged us both back to his house the millisecond it was over, much to our protest.
"Eight hours! I can't believe it takes eight hours." Jim sputtered in disbelief pacing back and forth.
"Two molars, plus insertions, and some cleanup." Toby counted on his fingers.
I snickered at the look on Jim's face as I opened my laptop and scrolled through my many unfinished documents. One English, one History and one Chemistry. I had taken my homework round to Jims house because Amber was screaming and I couldn't concentrate.
"When does the History paper have to be in by?" I asked, looking up from the screen, head in hands.
Toby hesitated then trailed off "This Friday..."
I groaned at this, slamming my head into Jims kitchen table.
"Theres no way I'm going to get it done, I'm gonna fail." I stressed.
"I'm sure youll be fine-" Toby began, but was cut off by Jim shaking him by the shoulders.
"Guys, focus." Jim instructed "You are never gonna believe this." Jim urged, crossing the kitchen, and picking up the amulet-thing.
"Again Jim? Its a fancy clock, you could probably sell it to an antique collecter for a fair bit of money." I offered, adding a couple extra words to my paragraph on Athens.
"My mouth still feels a little sore..." Toby mumbled, massaging his face. He then took out a frozen pizza from Jims freezer and slapping it to his face, clearly not interested in the blue fancy clock.
I moved my laptop from the table to the kitchen counter to be closer to the conversation.
"Check this out." Jim smiled, amulet in hand.