Come on Snake, let's Rattle. | Radiostatic (kinda fluff!!)

Author's notes

this ship is my toxic trait 💀 im almost as obsessed with it as i am with Stolitz 😭😭 speaking of stolitz the next helluva boss episode comes out in april!!! pretty fuckin cool

also what the fuck why am i so bad at coming up w titles 💔

Neutral POV

Alastor always regretted attending overlord get-togethers. They were pointless, other than the fact that you can easily make alliances there. They often took place after the extermination and also served as a way to see which overlords had perished. Despite his feelings towards the little parties that certain overlords hosted, Rosie always managed to convince him to attend.

At this particular meeting, Alastor stood in the back with Rosie. She had a glass of wine, and he had an empty shot glass.

"You know, Alastor, I heard that there's some territory up for grabs near that silly hotel of yours." Rosie explained, then took a sip of her wine.

Alastor hummed. "Thank you, dear, but the princess is very against territory wars. However, if you decide to claim it and need assistance, just let me know."

Rosie giggled. "The only territory I need is the cannibal town. Hopefully it ends up with someone responsible." She swirled her drink, then took another sip.

Alastor nodded in agreement. He was about to say something, but their conversation was interrupted by none other than the media demon, his long-time rival.

Vox hated Alastor, but also enjoyed pestering him. With a smug grin, he approached Alastor. "Care to dance?"

Alastor narrowed his eyes, his smile stretching. "Not happening."

Rosie gasped and nudged Alastor. "Alastor, I know your mother taught you better than that. You aren't dancing with anyone else, are you?"

Alastor cocked his head towards Rosie. "Fine, my good fellow, it would be rude of me to decline." He replied, flashing a more sardonic smile.

Vox extended a hand, allowing Alastor to grasp it. He spun Alastor into his arms, rhythmically stepping towards a group of overlords who were also dancing.

Their dance seemed pleasant at first. The music was calm and they seemed to be enjoying themselves. They swaged and danced as if it wasn't the first time they performed together. They synced, each step as graceful and coordinated as a professional's.

Until, Alastor stomped his heel onto Vox's foot. As if it was expected, Vox barely winced, and whisked Alastor, placing a supportive hand on his back. Then, Vox intentionally shocked Alastor with his fingers.

"I thought you'd be a better dancer than this. Or was that intentional?" Vox asked in a whisper, grinning smugly.

Alastor rolled his eyes. "The latter, Darling."

After that, Vox twirled Alastor twice, forwards and backwards to make sure he didn't get dizzy. Then Vox embraced him as they continued stepping to the melody of the background music, subtly jabbing each other on occasion.

The odd scene started to attract the attention of the other overlords. Vox and Alastor were known rivals. Or were they?

Getting back into position, Vox clutched Alastor's hand tightly and gently held Alastor's waist. Alastor dug his claws into Vox's shoulder.

"You are surprisingly good at this." Alastor remarked as they began to slow down.

Vox shrugged. "Thanks. You aren't too bad yourself."

Alastor laid his head on Vox's left shoulder while digging his claws deeper into Vox's right.

They slowed to a sway as the song started to conclude, then stopped when it was over. They reluctantly let go of each other and exchanged goodbyes. Alastor retreated back to his spot next to Rosie and ordered another shot of whiskey.

End notes

I apologize if this chapter is absolute garbage. I have no idea how to dance or how to write characters dancing 😭 My attempt was to get their personalities as close to cannon as possible minus the random proposal from Vox idk if he'd be obnoxious like that

to clarify, back when Alastor was alive it was considered rude to decline a dance if you didnt already have a partner!!!! thats why he accepted and what rosie meant

anyway, thank you so much for reading this! im always open to constructive criticism <3

Word count: 704