"I was expecting the senior Shetty, alas this is his way of punishing me for not working upon this deal faster"

"Quiet a punishment it is isn't it? Comes with a very pleasing perk?"the unresolved anger I had suppressed before was boiling in.

"It's not what you think it is Ishani , it's for the deal...... and Hriday too believes that" his eyes defied matching the slit of fire in mine.

Guilt and repercussions are hard things to hide, definitely for someone whose eyes voices out his soul.

"I highly doubt that" this deal was a flicker of fire which could ignite all the past bonds, all the wrong decisions, opening up the entangled web once again, burning us again but this time it was more dangerous because there was a another innocent soul involved, Maanvi.

" stop being sceptical Ishani" his voice rose, but I wasn't going to back down, it was he who was singing the ballad of destruction.

"I will, if you will just move on, how long are you going to keep mellowing about the history" why is that every time I attend this office I am fighting with either of the brothers.

"I moved on the day, you shut that door on my face Ishani" liar, I could sense the look he had in his his eyes today.

"who are you trying to deceive me or you Abhyant, look whatever you are planning I don't a give a fuck about it, but don't you forget you are married man"rising up from the chair, I walked near him.

"How many times are you going to commit the same mistake Abhyant? It has always been Hriday" and there it was the look I had sensed today, resentment and probably hurt.

"You don't have to gloat about it Ishani right on my face"

"I wasn't gloating I was stating the facts, the facts which your delusion self had ignored 6 years back and is still ignoring at this moment" the fury in his face was long gone, maybe there wasn't any in first place just anguish.

"This was a bad idea" he whispered crashing down on to the chair holding his head in his hands,of course it was a bad idea but I didn't wanted him to drown in self doubt.

"Abhyan...."

"Fuck! I can't do this to Maanvi" finally the man has a conscience "not when she doesn't know" Yeah..wait what.

"what do you mean she doesn't know?" No wonder she is so good to me "I thought she knew, you were supposed to tell her everything on the day of engagement itself" holy Hermès why is this all spiralling down.

"I did, but I didn't tell who it was, she just knows I loved someone else" loved.

" you do realise this is cheating and she has a right to know.... Fuck Abhyant you are telling Maanvi about this right now"

" telling me what right now?"shit.

Neha had led us into Avyaan's cabin which was the liveliest amongst the 3 brothers, Abhyant's was always covered with files speaking from the two visits I had in this office and well Hriday's it was forbidden, he rarely visited here 'AGNOSTUS" his cyber firm had tied him down deeply.
It was his secretary who had let out that he was visiting Germany and a small ball of pity had coalesced in my stomach, for Ishani, it was their routine they fought and either one of them disappeared for some time to start another fight, their marriage lacked the civility mine and Abhyant's shared and it had something to do with the bad blood they shared.