8: Selection Ritual Field

By dawn, the Supreme Six, Twilight Triad, and the two Kingdom Seers were gathered in the large open field in Swing Province where the Chosen Selection Ritual was usually performed. This was intended in order not to disturb Wanna City from any commotion caused by the spells.

For this mission, the members of the Supreme Six and Twilight Triad were all wearing formal attires paired with their respective capelets. The Seers thought the capelets would be recognized by the Premiers.

 The Seers thought the capelets would be recognized by the Premiers

"Good morning, Supreme Six and Twilight Triad

"Good morning, Supreme Six and Twilight Triad. I hope you are ready for your mission," Seunggi began the final briefing. "Your ultimate goal is to retrieve the Glinter of the Ten Crests from its guardian."

When the groups nodded, Dongwook continued, "The nine of you will be each teleported into the universe of one Premier. From then, it will be up to you to find the Premier on your own."

"Since, all of you will be leaving, Hallyu will be left with no protector. So, before we proceed further, Dongwook-ssi and I will construct a force field around Swing Province," Seunggi mentioned.

Air, Earth, Fire, Water

Imbue our words with power

In this time of desperation

Send to us your great protection

After the two Seers chanted those words, a large transparent dome surrounded the perimeter of Swing Province.

"Are you sure that is enough to stop Novus Red Force from entering this province?" Gaeul was not convinced.

"We sure hope so. That spell is a revised version of the one BoA-seonbaenim used to keep Swing unscathed during the Fandom War. For reference, the shield was only broken by the combined strength of the Five Pillars," Dongwook was confident.

"Now, before you go, we have a few additional reminders for each Premier," Seunggi revealed. "Honorable Kinomoto Sakura is a female teenager. And while magic exists in their universe, it should be kept secret or, at least, inconspicuous; try not to openly use your powers in Tomoeda."