7: Bicameral Meeting Room: Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Yes, possibly. That is how alternate universes work in a nutshell," Dongwook nodded affirmatively. "That also explains why Exoplanet's Cosmic Latte coloration is familiar to you."

"So why is this a secret of the Arcanus Alliance?" Karina questioned.

"Because only the members of the Arcanus Alliance know about this," Seunggi answered. "The Fairy Tail guild is the only guild in their kingdom that knows about the existence of Arcanus Alliance and the alternate universes. In Hakusen Academy, only the members of the Special A Class are provided with knowledge of the alternate universes. The rest of the alliance members also have their own version of confidentiality about the existence of the Arcanus Alliance and alternate universes. While the alliance is widely known to the populace of both Exoplanet and Carat Kingdom, only a select few know about this Secret."

"Despite this, a few members of the alliance are still skeptical about this concept and only those who have visited the locations in person could attest to the existence of alternate universes," Dongwook elaborated. "The level of confidentiality adopted by each member of the alliance is important as to prevent archenemies from possibly communicating with the different version of themselves or just take advantage of the information in general."

"The Source of All Evil, the archenemy of the Charmed Ones, was able to invade Hallyu after learning the existence of alternate universes," Seunggi cited another example. "One archenemy of the Vongola Family abused his ability to communicate with his versions in different alternate universes which led to several universes falling under his control. Thankfully, they sealed his powers and reversed the effects of his wrongdoings."

"So, in a way, you could say that the Arcanus Alliance is an exclusive secret organization. Only the members and a select others know about it; and the only way to join the alliance is through an invitation and the approval from the majority of the members," Dongwook summarized.

"How do you know about this then, daepyonim?" Hangyul asked.

"Through the memories of BoA-seonbaenim which was passed down to us as Seers of the Kingdom," Seunggi responded. "It was also a privilege that Hallyu is a founding member so we were able to gather information easily from the archives as Kingdom Seers."

"And why do we have no idea about this as the Chosen or the Supreme Six or the Twilight Triad?" Eunbi probed.

"After the Second Generation of Chosen retired, Hallyu was being represented to the Alliance by the remaining original members of the Eighteenth Supreme Six and Twilight Triad. When In-City, the last original member of the Eighteenth Bicameral Chambers, retired from active magical squad duties, Hallyu had to file a leave of absence from attending the Arcanus Alliance Convention as no magical squad took over as the representative," Dongwook clarified.

"We only started joining the conventions again when IZ*ONE was inaugurated. But even by then, I was the one representing the kingdom. The reason for that is because the convention is now being organized by a different host member each year in their own universe and I, being the only one who knew about alternate universes from BoA-seonbaenim's memories, knew how to get to the venue," Seunggi added.

"When X1 was inaugurated, I joined Seunggi-ssi as representative," Dongwook said. "And the only time, IZ*ONE and X1 attended the convention was this year when we took over the hosting on behalf of the Kingdom of Enchancia, Guardian of the Miraculous, and Exoplanet."

"Just out of curiosity, is there any danger in meeting our versions from alternate universes?" Jay raised a concern.

"There shouldn't be any problem when meeting another version of yourself except maybe a strong sense of confusion," Seunggi reassured everyone. "Just don't expect that you will be able to meet them easily. Even BoA-seonbaenim could not meet a single version of herself despite her knowledge about alternate universes and her extensive travels."

"Now, that you will be personally travelling to meet the Premier Ten. We decided it would be best to inform you of the existence of the alternate universes to avoid any confusion or possible complication," Dongwook concluded. "Any questions about alternate universes?"

The groups shook their heads; they more or less grasped the gist of the concept.

"Now that you understand the concept of alternate universes, we will proceed with our plans to summon the Ten Crests tomorrow," Seunggi shifted the topic. "Each of you will meet a Premier and retrieve the Glinter from them."

"Let's adjourn for now. Take the rest of the day to prepare for your first journey to an alternate universe," Dongwook instructed.

With that, a day full of unexpected revelations had passed, and an uncertain tomorrow awaited everyone.