You Did What? (Rafe Cameron)

Mulai dari awal

You go into the closet and see a light blue dress that's just long enough to see your heels but doesn't drag on the ground. It's spaghetti strap and silk.

"It's beautiful Rafe. You didn't have to." you say.

"I know but you deserve it." he says.

You just shake your head in denial and smile.

"Go put it on!" he says.

You close the closet door and undress. You slide the dress up your body and put the straps over your shoulders. You look in the mirror and you love it...it's just you can noticeably see your hip dips and it does look like you have curves but it's not the curves you want.

You open the closet door without a smile.

Rafe looks at you up and down and notice your face.

"What's wrong? Do you not like it? Did I get the wrong size?" Rafe ask.

"No it's perfect but look." you say pointing to your hip dips and look back in the mirror.

"What are you talking about? Your curves. You look beautiful.

"You're just saying that because you're my boyfriend." you say.

"No. I get to say stuff like that because I am your boyfriend." he say.

"Well I do really like the dress and I guess I am pretty." you say.

"You guess!? You are. Now put on your shoes and grab your purse we gotta go." Rafe says.

"Okay." you say.

You walk over to the dresser where your purse is hanging. You grab your nude heels and slide them on. You put your purse on your shoulder as you notice a black brief case.

"What's that?" you ask Rafe.

"That? Oh that's just a brief case." Rafe says rubbing his hand over his freshly buzz cut hair.

"I know silly but what's in it." you say walking over to it.

"Nothing. It's nothing." Rafe says walking over to it.

"What. It's obviously something." you say opening it.

You gasp.

"Is that...is that gold?" you say taking a closer look.

"Uhm." Rafe says.

"Rafe?" you ask.

"Yeah. Yeah it's gold." he says.

"Oh my gosh. What? How? When? Where did you get this?" you ask.

"It's from the cross." he says.

"The cross? Wait. You don't mean the cross of Santo Domingo do you?" you say.

"Yeah. Yeah I do." he says.

"What! Rafe that cross is an antique. It's the only one. It's priceless. You stole this from Popes family. What to make profit!?" you say.

"I did not steal shit! It was mine! Rightfully mine! I did what I had to do for myself and for my family." Rafe says.

"You know how hard me and the pogues worked to find this cross. It's not something you can just take and sell." you say.

"I get that you worked hard but so did I. This was part of my family's plan." Rafe says.

"And this was part of Pope's family's legacy!" you say.

"Y/N why do you care about Popes family! Just think about all the money Im gonna make from selling this shit." Rafe says.

"Money is not on my mind right now. What's on my mind right now is knowing that this is was not an ethical decision. You did not have to melt the cross down." you say.

"Well damn Y/N when you say it like that you make me sound like the devil." Rafe says.

"I'm not implying that. It's just...you didn't have to do it this way." you say sighing.

"Y/N this is the only way I knew how to do it. This is the first decision I could make without my father controlling me. The money I make from this, it's going to be mine. Not his. Mine." Rafe says.

"Rafe I get that you've been living under your father's reputation for years but doing this. It's just wrong." you say.

"You don't understand Y/N and you know why you don't understand!? It's because you haven't grown up being a kook. You haven't lived the life I've lived. You haven't been in my shoes and you never will and I don't want you to but you just don't get it." Rafe says.

"My parents have had to work their asses off to get where they are today. Your parents were born into the wealth. They grew up already being millionaires. So no I don't understand what that's like but your dad was abusive towards you so I do understand that you finally felt free now that he's gone but I'm not going to agree with your decision." you say.

"Fine. You don't have to. This is my thing. It doesn't have to be yours. Now are we still going on that date?" Rafe ask.

"Rafe I need to think about this. This was a big decision you made and you melted something very valuable to my friend's family. The cross has lost all its value now. You do what you want with it. I'm not apart of this though. Thanks again for the dress. I'll call you when I've had some time to think." you say as you walk over and give Rafe a kiss on the cheek before you head out the bedroom and walk downstairs to the front door.