EP: A Painting of You

Narnia AU

☆--------

Hi! Sup!

I feel dead rn. 💀💀

Just a small warning: this story contains a very cheeky King.

Enjoy!

☆--------

Second Person POV:

You glide effortlessly along the halls of Castle Cair Paravel, currently making your way to King Edmund's chambers. You're a painter (and a close friend to the Pevensies) and you have been commissioned by High King Peter himself to paint their portraits.

You rap your knuckles on the door. "King Edmund?"

A muffled groan comes from inside, and you can't suppress a giggle.

"Is the painting session today?" the king asks as you enter the room, an eyebrow arched in amusement.

"Don't tell me you forgot, sleepyhead," you mock, placing the stand down. "By the Mane, this is heavy!"

"Oh, I'm sorry," Edmund smirks, "I didn't mean to keep your ladyship waiting."

You control the urge to smack his face, but can't help but flush up when he called you 'ladyship'. "Shut up."

The raven haired man simply flashes you a dashing grin, before settling into a chair.

"That's how you want the portrait to be, your Majesty?" you ask sarcastically, eyeing his position, also using it as a cover to look at him.

Yes, you've fancied this particular king for ages. But you thought it was unrequited.

It started when you and he were simply enemies, trying to crack the best jokes, be the most annoying. Then partners in crime. Then friends.

"Just Edmund, please," he corrects for the thousandth time, also amused by his choice of words.

A small, unladylike snort escapes your lips, before you straighten up. "That's how you want it to be, Ed?"

"Why? Do I not look good?" he fires back, a teasing tone in his voice as you grow flustered.

"I- uh- well, I must admit you look as charming as usual," you stutter, and a laugh comes from Edmund.

"I'm teasing, Y/N/N, but do you honestly think I'm charming?"

The mischievous grin on his face makes your stomach flip as you proceed to begin painting. "Don't move."

He obeys your words and sits still.

For a while.

"Y/N? Are you done? I'm getting bored," he whines like a child, and you chuckle at his impatience.

"Don't whine, Edmund. You're not a child," you scold softly. "Stop moving and I might just finish this sooner."

He groans and grumbles something about how 'the most wonderful people in Narnia can be insufferable'.