Preference: How you Joke with Them

☆--------☆

Yes, trust me to post a random Preference slap in the middle.

I. Donut. Care.

*Care for a bite?* 🍩

Okay, but please. 🐻 with me.

AND YOU GUYS ARENT DATING YET. SO DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT-

                               ☆--------☆

Peter:

You're sitting on a chair in his room, fiddling away with your pocket clock that was attached to a golden chain while he takes your advice on a few letters he has to write to Archenland.

You suddenly stop, wanting to lighten the mood.

"Peter?"

He lets out a hum in acknowledgement, not taking his eyes off the parchment, but the quill scratching against the sheet stops moving.

"What is the shortest month of the year?" you ask, trying to reign in your laughter as you plaster a serious expression on your face and press your fingertips together.

"February, isn't it?" he answers, lifting his head and turning the chair so he faces you.

"Nope," you shake your head. The blond king raises a brow, an amused expression on his face. He's trying his best not to laugh at your failing facade.

"Then?"

"May. It has only three letters."

A snort escapes his lips as he turns around to face the table, grinning. You mirror his expression as you fall against the chair.

"That- that actually makes sense," Peter says, the amused smile not leaving his face.

"Tell your siblings, I'm sure they'll cackle way too hard," you grin, a wheeze escaping your mouth as you begin laughing slightly.

Shaking his head, he returns to writing on the parchment.

"Hey! I have more!" you retort, jumping in your chair as he turns around again.

"You do realise I have to finish this, right?" he gestures to the paper, but he's very eager to hear your jokes. He could listen to your melodious laugh forever.

"Well, I'll help you if you listen to my jokes."

"Fine, go ahead."

"What did one plate say to another?"

The blond king laid a finger on his lips, thinking, before he shrugged. "Tell me."

" 'Dinner's on me'."

You begin to laugh again, as he smiles widely, his forehead in his hands as he begins to hyperventilate, trying not to join in.

"Oh, come on! It was funny!" you pout between your laughs.

That breaks the straw and he joins in with you.