EP: We Do This together

Narnia AU

☆--------☆

Third Person POV

Y/N sat at the cliff, the very same cliff where Edmund and Aslan had talked. Right after he was rescued.

She was intently watching the stars, trying to recognise any of them that she knew back in England. She wasn't that successful, yet.

"Cassiopeia? Maybe?" Y/N thought aloud, seeing the familiar 'M' shape of the stars.

"Looks like it."

She jumped at the sudden voice, her hand flying to her dagger.

"Hey, it's just me," the voice said again. Edmund.

"Sorry," she squeaked out. "Sit with me?"

The raven haired boy shrugged, before plopping down beside her, crossing his legs and raising his dark eyes to the star-lit sky.

"You can't sleep?" Y/N asked, turning to Edmund, who shook his head.

"Well, with everything going on, I. . ." he trailed off, guilt flooding to his face. Shaking his head slightly, he fixed his eyes onto the H/C haired beauty beside him. "You?"

"I don't usually get much sleep," she answered, wringing her hands. "Especially with everything going on."

Silence.

"That's the Pole Star, isn't it?" Edmund asked, pointing to a very bright star in the sky. Y/N nodded.

"Mhm, but here it's called Spear-head, apparently," she acknowledged. But she noticed the faraway look in the boy's eyes. "Ed? Is everything all right?"

"It's just- I betrayed everyone. Why do they still. . .accept me?"

The H/C haired girl grabbed Edmund's hand, squeezing it gently.

"It's not your fault. None of it is. The Witch offered you what you craved the most, love. Attention. Not being in the shadow of your brother. So you took it," she explained. "None of this is your fault."

"I wish I could tell myself that," the boy whispered. "It's hard to accept it, because I feel so. . ."

"Guilty?" Y/N asked quietly.

"Yes."

"Don't feel that way," the girl comforted. "Besides, even if everyone else was against you, I think I'd still be on your side."

"Really?" Edmund's eyes shone with genuine hope and newfound care.

"Yeah. We're in this together, okay?"

Y/N squeezed his hand again, before leaning onto his shoulder, subconsciously. She felt a new fluttering sensation in her stomach.

The dark haired boy was lost to his thoughts, but the sudden weight on his shoulder brought him back to reality. Flushing up ever so slightly (which the girl actually noticed, but grew equally flustered too), he hesitantly wrapped an arm around Y/N's waist, resting his head onto hers. They watched the twinkling stars in silence. A comforting silence.

And it struck each one of them are the same moment.

He's so cute when he gets flustered. Wait, what?
Do I like Edmund?

Why is she so adorable when she does that? No, am I. . .falling for her?

Yes, Y/N L/N liked Edmund Pevensie.

And Edmund Pevensie liked her back.

☆--------☆

Huh. Rather short, innit?

Right. To all the Ed lovers out there, I hope this does you justice.

Please don't go ballistic on my comments

(Although I'd like to see. You. Try.)