EP: Nightmares, Nightmares

Narnia AU

☆--------☆

Alrighty! Hello!

Writing two Ed imagines bc I fcking love him and Peter farr too much.

Caspian, I'm sorry dear but I can only imagine you as a friend or brother-

Right, so. Y/N and my baby Ed aren't dating, only the bestest friends who have a major, terrible crush, no, they love each other. And I suppose Y/N is just looking after him cause of his nightmares.

You guys are sixteen, and this isn't the first time Y/N comforted Eddie.

☆--------

"Ed?"

The soft voice of Y/N stopped the terrible nightmares of the king, whose eyes flew open as he sat up -- his body shaking in fear -- covered in sweat.

Edmund simply curled up together, his knees pressed against his chest as he wrapped his arms around them.

"Did you have a nightmare?" Y/N asked softly, sitting by him and placing her hand on his shoulder.

The tensed king nodded slightly, before exhaling. The girl's warm touch always calmed him down, yet he could still hear his heart thrumming away in his ears.

"Her . . . again," Edmund replied quietly, his voice breaking as he placed his head in between his legs.

Y/N was probably the only one who really understood Edmund.

Sure, his siblings loved and cared for him and tried not to mention Jadis, but in the end, it was always Y/N who held the most love for the boy.

Edmund considered her his closest friend, or even more.

"She's dead, Ed," Y/N assured. "I promise you, you're safe here."

"I know that," the Just King sounded so terribly afraid. "But- it's just-"

"I get it. She did things to you, didn't she? It's hard to forget stuff like that."

The boy only nodded again, before releasing himself, crossing his legs and wrapping an arm around Y/N as she leaned onto his shoulder.

"I'm sorry," Edmund piped up quietly after a while, "I shouldn't have woken you up."

"Actually, I was going to get some milk," Y/N added a humoured tone to her voice. "It helps me sleep. And I heard you . . uhm, screaming."

(True thing right here, I love taking warm milk before going to bed. I'm a fcking baby.)

"Sorry 'bout that too," the boy apologised.

"Ed, everyone gets nightmares," the girl comforted, "not just you. Maybe you have slightly traumatic ones, but you're not the only one."

They stayed together in companionable silence, relishing in the other's company, before Y/N spoke. "Now, how about I treat you to some milk?"

☆--------☆

This imagine is so fcking short ughh I'm sorry, I couldn't think of much except the cute stuff. But I swear you will get a bigger imagine for the next one.

Rlly.

☆--------