Chapter 30 - Black Smoke and Purple Fog?

The sun had already risen in the sky, casting a warm glow over the training grounds as I continued the rigorous routine. I could feel the strain in my muscles as I continued training under the early morning sun. Shattering myself and the nearby boulders that Pixie-Bob had made for me, but today brought a new challenge – reshaping those shattered pieces into entirely different objects. It required a level of precision that I hadn't explored before, and it was frustrating, to say the least. As I concentrated on my training, sweat glistened on my forehead, and my hands moved with a precision born from hours of repetition. Shatter, analyze, reform. Shatter, analyze, reform. Shattered glass morphed into sculptures, then into intricate patterns, a testament to the control and creativity my quirk could wield.

A couple of hours passed in this intense training when Pixie Bob's voice echoed across the training ground, interrupting the concentration of every student present. "Meow, meow, meow, meow!" Pixie Bob announced, her energetic tone carrying over the field. I stopped in my tracks, wiping the sweat from my brow as I stared at Pixie Bob. "More importantly, tonight's gonna be fun! We're pitting classes against each other in a test of courage. I know you've been training hard today, and later you'll get to play hard! How's that for a reward!?"

That's just more training but in the dark!!!

"Don't slack now!" She continued, "Make sure you keep on pushing yourself as you work!"

"Yes ma'am!" The unified response of both classes echoed, and we continued with our training. Today seemed to pass more swiftly than yesterday. Despite pushing myself just as hard, my muscles were much less fatigued. As the sun dipped below the horizon, the two classes gathered near the campsite grills, ready to prepare our dinner.

Today's menu was stew, and the students of Class A and B had changed into their regular clothes after the day's intense training. I opted for black shorts and a white t-shirt, thrown together with a black and white flannel for a bit of warmth. The smell of simmering ingredients filled the air as pots and pans clattered against the grills, and the students worked together in chaos to prepare the meal. Once the stew was ready, everyone hastily filled their bowls and gathered around the wooden tables, savoring the well-deserved dinner. The last bites of the stew were eaten, and our attention shifted toward the edge of the woods, where the test of courage was about to take place. The sun had fully set, casting shadows across the clearing.

The air buzzed with excitement as the two classes gathered by the woods, everyone chattering with enthusiasm. Abruptly, Mr. Aizawa's commanding voice cut through the lively atmosphere.

"Not so fast." his voice echoed, instantly capturing the attention of the crowd. The jovial chatter hushed as everyone turned towards the Class A homeroom teacher. "It pains me to say it, but the remedial class will be having lessons with me tonight instead."

"You gotta be kidding me!!" Mina's screams echoed through the woods.

"Sorry." Mr. Aizawa responded coldly, wrapping his scarf around the five Class A students who hadn't passed the finals – Mina, Sato, Kirishima, Sero, and Denki. "Your training during the day didn't impress me, so I'll be using this time too."

The rest of Class A looked at the group of five in sadness, shocked but not surprised that they wouldn't be participating in the test of courage. It stung witnessing their evident disappointment, a reminder of the consequences of failing the final exam. Suddenly, the gloom was interrupted by Pixie-Bob's lively voice cutting through the atmosphere.

"Okay so, Class B is going to start out as our 'scarers.'" She explained, injecting a dose of enthusiasm back into the group. "When they're in place, Class A will leave in pairs every three minutes. There are tags with your names on them at the far end of the route. Your goal is to collect those!"