Chapter 18 - Internships

The metro station buzzed with life, the distant rumble of trains could be felt throughout the station. The air was filled with excited chatter of students huddled in groups. Amid the lively scene, I leaned against a pillar, holding a metal briefcase that was holding my hero costume.

"Everyone has their hero costumes, right?" Aizawa spoke. The whole class gathered around closer to hear him. "Remember you don't have permission to wear them out in public yet. And don't lose them or anything."

"Gotcha!" Mina screamed excitedly.

"Speak properly!" Aizawa reprimanded, "It's 'yes sir,' Aishido."

"Yes sir.." Mina sulked, her vibe dying down due to Aizawas attitude.

Aizawa rolled his eyes, "Make sure you mind your manners with the other heroes during your internships. Now get to it."

"Yes sir." The class said in unison as students began to disperse, each heading toward our respective train platforms.

I stood there briefly, then set off towards my train's direction. My gaze scanned the signs above the station, hunting for the train bound for Hino City. With the train scheduled to arrive in around ten minutes, I settled onto a nearby bench, enjoying a few moments of relaxation. Gazing across the station, I sensed someone taking a seat beside me. I turned my head to find Ojiro with his bags on his lap.

"You're headed to Hino City too?" he inquired, the corners of his mouth curving into a friendly smile.

I nodded, a smile tugging at my lips. "Yep, that's where I'm goin. How about you? Which agency are you interning with?"

Ojiro's posture relaxed as he leaned back slightly, his voice casual as he began, "Honestly, I kinda struggled with where to go. I was really torn between the Muscular Hero Agency, which focuses on combat training and strength enhancement, and the Stalwart Rescuers, a group that specializes in disaster relief and search and rescue operations."

"So, which group did you end up choosing?" I questioned, my eyes filled with genuine curiosity as I looked at him.

"I went with the Stalwart Rescuers," he replied, a smile lighting up his face as he turned to me. "I hope I made the right call. How about you? You had quite a few good options."

I chuckled softly, my response light, "I decided on the Luminex Hero Agency."

Ojiro's brow furrowed slightly in thought. "Luminex? Isn't that your mom's agency?"

I nodded, a mixture of pride and nervousness coursing through me. "Yeah, it is. My mom has been with Luminex for a while now, and I thought it would be a great opportunity to learn from her and gain some real world experience." And to even see my mom for more than just an hour or two a day.

Ojiro's expression shifted, a warm smile gracing his lips. "That's actually pretty cool. Having a hero as a parent must come with its perks."

I chuckled, giving a playful shrug. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

As the conversation continued, the minutes ticked by, and soon enough, the train's arrival was announced over the station's intercom. Ojiro and I made our way onto the train, navigating through the various compartments in search of an available table. After a bit of searching, we finally located an unoccupied one, stowing our bags under the table and settling in for the journey. Seated across from Ojiro, I gazed out of the train window as the landscape outside rapidly transformed into a blur, the train already in motion.

As the train journey continued, Ojiro leaned back in his seat and looked at me with an curious expression. "So, how's UA treating you so far?"

I smiled, thinking about my experiences since starting at UA. "It's been really good, honestly. I've met some great people and made some amazing friends. Like Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, and Jiro. They've been super supportive and fun to be around."