Chapter 4 - Meeting the Boss

Start from the beginning

 We walked corners left and right, I even saw a huge fountain somewhere along the lines, and finally we turned another right and we hit the swimming pool and we stopped. I stared at how shiny and blue it looked under the tiny sun above us. Then my eyes met startling blue ones and I saw who I was looking at.

 “You must be Raquel Summer Quinton.” I heard a gruff voice come out of his mouth

 He was a tall built man, he didn’t look old but you could tell he was older. Good genes I was thinking, soft brown hair was swept up the man’s head it highlighted gold under the sun. His complexion was leathery too much sun I guess, but it didn’t seem to faze his body at all for an old man he looked pretty good. Was I hitting on an old man ew I really was nervous.

 “Yes Mr. Ebner” I replied my stomach was making a weird noise I held it tightly

 “Good you do know why you are here?” he replied his voice steady

 “I do know, but I do not know why me” I replied boldly

 “Well I heard you have skills young lady, you apparently know what is wrong or right, so you know why I chose you.” he replied as he pushed his sunglasses back down on the bridge of his nose. “I have three candidates for my son, all three are to be very good at everything some aren’t, I want you to go school with my son and those three girls and tell me which one will be suited for him.” he finished

 I looked at him panic stricken, how can I do that, I wasn’t that good jeez. I was terrible at groups I can only do one. Why couldn’t they understand that, I gritted my teeth in anger this was annoying.

 “So for three months I need to find out who is worth for your son.” I replied shaking with anger

 “Yes as a matter of fact, you shall stay at the house at back with the boys and will be with them all times I will get a review of the outcomes as well I hope you don’t disappoint me.” he replied and smirked

 “I won’t, sir” I gritted my teeth in anger I wanted to swing my fists at him how unaware this guy was of what he was doing.

 Did he not care about his son’s feeling, I mean me finding a wife for the poor guy he will hate me if he found out why I was here? This was not nice for me or for the guy I think these whole three month will be a pain in the ass.

 “Also, he doesn’t know why you are here so if I was you keep it as a low down.” He replied sternly and I nodded yep this will be hell.

 “So what I’m helping and all but what do I tell them then if not a matchmaker?” I replied curious

 “You are a very clever girl Raquel, I saw your grades you will be a tutor to my son who will be staying in our house so there is nothing to worry about, oh and the pay is good don’t worry about that.” he replied smirking

 I was boiling at this point so much, I couldn’t believe he was patronising me, the pay is good? My ass, I could care less I was only doing this for my mother. What right did he have to look down on me of course I couldn’t lash out or else I would be murdered by my mother. In addition, it will shame us, so I took it all in like a real solider would do when secretly I wanted to rip his throat out.

 “That is fine with me Mr. Ebner.” I replied showing no reaction to his comment I was good at hiding my feelings sometimes.

 “Very well I shall leave you to it then.” he replied as he grabbed his towel and left whistling away what a conceited dick he was I muttered to myself.

 Meeting with the boss, an asshole of a boss who was so full of himself I couldn’t believe it, how horrible he was making a lewd comment like that too about my financial situation. That monster, I couldn’t believe I agreed to do this; I was fuming as I watched my boss walk away his back turned to me.

 “That dirty monkey” I growled yes I couldn’t think of any other swear words “Who does he think he is making that comment.” I blew a raspberry then I realized who he was and what he could do my shoulders sagged in defeat.

 And before I realized where I was standing, it hit me that I was falling my eyes opened in fear and my mouth opened in an oval shape to scream, my hands flapped up and down like a duck I made a discreet noise of fear.

 Before I came crashing down into something cold and wet, I gurgled and coughed I felt the weight pulling me down.

 I saw the sun gleaming towards me I thrashed trying to get up but I blew my last breath

 Then I saw black

 »«»«»«

 Wattpad messed with the settings nothing showed sorry about that but here it is :) redited! :D

Dopey ~