22. We Are Family

When they got to winterfell the torches were lit and RIeka couldnt believe she was finally home again.

"You remember this?" Rieka questioned. "Remember when you first came to winterfell?" Sandor looked around and it was the same, same eerily beautiful castle. He remembered seeing RIeka and she had the most beautiful smile and he knew he never stood a chance but now she was kissing him, over joyed and he got to be the one she celebrated with.

"I remember seeing you with snowflakes on your eyelashes," sandor admitted honestly his voice got low as he spoke. A smile curved her lips. She leaned in kissing him. Tyrions jaw clenched at the sight.

"I cant wait to see Bran." Rieka added after a moment. "Im sure he is a young man now. Gods I wont recognize him." She added as the gates opened up for them. "Can you take my horse? I have to-"

"Yes of course. Go." Sandor agreed taking the reigns as rieka ran off. Kicking up snow behind her she loved the feeling of being home.

"Bran! Arya!" Rieka shouted. "Bran! Bran! Bra-" her breath hitched in her throat when she saw him in the wheeled chair before her.

"I was you coming." Bran remarked calmly.

" then why didn't you greet me at the gate? Silly goose?" Rieka mused she ran towards him, wrapping her arms around in a tight hug. " I missed you baby brother." she whispered in his ear.

"You are home."

"So are you." She agreed.

" your new man killed the night king." Bran remarked.

"Yes." She agreed confused. " how did you know that? We literally just got back. Did they send a Raven?"

" no." he answered simply. She cocked her head back at him. " I saw it. I saw you."

" what do you mean you saw me?"

" I see a lot of things now."

"Rieka!" Arya shouted pulling her attention away from her little brother.

"Arya! You little fucker!" Rieka demanded pulling her into a hug. " why did you run away from me?"

" I knew what I needed to do. I knew I need to go and I knew you wouldn't let me do it. Don't hate me." Arya countered.

" I could never hate you, but I was severely pissed off at you little sister. I found you and then I lost you within the same moment." she held tight to aryas shoulders forcing her gaze up. " you have to understand how terrifying that was for me. You were just gone like a ghost..." she tapped her fingers against her sternum three times. " my heart..." another three taps " my heart couldn't handle losing you and I lost you."

"Im so sorry Rieka. I didn't think-"

"No. You didnt." Rieka agreed. "But I am glad you are okay. Did you accomplish whatever you were supposed to? Whatever you wanted to? Whatever you had to run away from me for?"

" I did." Arya agreed.

"Alright." Rieka agreed. " just don't run away from me again."

Sandor was grumbling. He had waited for Rieka in bed but she spent two damn, long reuniting with her siblings, and by the time she did come to bed, he had fallen asleep. He didn't want to. He had so many plans, but her bed was so comfortable. Especially after sleeping on the floor for weeks. He had laid down to wait for her close his eyes, and when he woke up, she was fast asleep beside him and it was time for a council meeting.

'Your Grace... But you're not are you? You left Winterfell a king and came back a... I'm not sure what you are now a lord? Nothing at all?' Lyanna Mormont questioned.

'That is not important' Jon told her immediately.

"He is still king." Rieka corrected.

'Not important? We named you King in the north' lyanna said and the men rallied behind her.

'You did my lady it was the honor of my life and I will always be grateful for your faith but when I left Winterfell I told you we need to make allies or we will die.'' Jon told them. Rieka stood up.

"We made some... unlikely allies in Beric and his men. In the last Baratheon alive." Rieka nodded to Gendry and a blush heated his cheeks. "In some helpful dragons even." Rieka offered. "Jon is and alaays will be king of the north... but right now we are here to tell you we won the war against the night king. The white walkers." Rieka assured. "Not to try and convince you to fight in a war that is not yours to fight." She added slowly her gaze shifting to daenerys.

"Right now," rieka went on. " we take the win. I'm so grateful for all of you rallying around us and rallying around the north.  You were also willing and ready to fight for our home for all of our homes. And I cannot thank you enough for it." Rieka declared. "So raise a glass," she rose her own. "This is to us! All of us. We are a family. We are stronger together. We are the north!"

Jon smiled leaning back in his chair. The people so easily loved rieka. She was loveable. They were chanting and cheering clinking glasses. Daenerys looked furious but jon couldnt find it in him to care. Rieka was right. They were the north. Daenerys was a foreigner. She only gave when she got something in return. She didnt care about the north.

❄️