14. Asshole King

Sandor kept a close hold of Rieka as she tried to burrow into him. She liked that he was so large, when he wrapped his arms around her, she felt safe even in a strange new place, she slept soundly while Sandor couldnt find sleep. 

When sandor got up the next morning he was the first one up. He stared at the father and daughter, his mind took him back to the stew, back to Arya shouting at him, saying he wasnt a killer. He was supposed to protect her, get her to family and look where is got them? At least he had RIeka.  But Sandor was leading her into the blizzard that was the north, past what she knew and cherished. He turned his mind back to the father and daughter. He needed to bury them, help his conscience just a little bit.

'What the hell are you doing looking?' thoros asked as he came outside, sandor was digging in the freezing cold.

'Burying the dead,' Sandor told him as he huffed out an icy cold breath. His cloak still wrapped around Rieka even though Avalon had taken his place and curled up beside RIeka, nuzzling her muzzle into Rieka's chest.

'You knew these people?' thoros asked curiously

'Not really...' It was the girl and the father who took them in for the night she had made rabbit stew... he offered him work... who he had stolen his silver from and said they wouldn't survive the winter and they left. They didn't survive. Sandor knew they wouldn't but it hurt all the same. Thoros started to help him dig.

'We asked the father to judge us with mercy we ask the mother to... fuck if I remember the rest...' Sandor grumbled, looking down at the grave. 'I'm sorry you're dead you deserve better... the both of you' sandor breathed back, he stared over the freshly dug graves before heading back inside.

When sandor came in he sat down next to a still sleeping Rieka, he ran a cold hand against her leg. She shivered at touch, curling into a ball, waking up.

'Oh my goodness you're so cold.' she exclaimed laughing. Sandor just smiled down at her. ''why are you so cold?" she questioned. SHe looked at the dead fire, the embers burned out in the night but the heat was still circling the little home. 

''Someone stole my cloak.' He reminded her.

''You're a big guy you can handle it.' Rieka mused as he pulled her closer kissing her again.

+

So they headed off again and Avalon loved running through the snow, she was built for this. She ran ahead of them, kicking up snow as she went.  Sandor nuzzled his face into her neck, she shivered his cold cheek hitting her skin. 

They kept getting deeper and deeper into the north, colder and colder. RIeka didnt like the look of this, she had been to the wall, with Tyrion, it felt like a million years ago though. Tyrion, she had not thought about him in just as long it seemed. She had certainly come a long way since then. 

Married Tyrion, lost their baby, escaped the capital with Podrick and then found and lost Arya just as quickly. Lost her baby and fell for Sandor. 

Sandor kept riding with her, arms wrapped around her trying to keep her warm but she needed a real bed and a real fire, not a cave but she didn't see that happening. They were all tired and cold and sore. So night after night she curled up as close as she could to Sandor, not able to sleep. She stroked avalons fur when she saw torches approaching.

"San, someone is coming." Rieka whispered poking his ribs. "San wake up."

"What do we have here?"

++

The brotherhood had been waiting for the 'King' of the north to return to decide what to do with them for hours. They fell asleep shaking and smashed together but at least it was a roof over their heads for the night.

"I'm not a holligan like Beric and his fire fuckers." Rieka remarked fisting the bars of the cell. "I'm-"

"Yeah yeah, dont care. The king will know what to do with you." 

"Who is your king? I think I would like a few words with him." Rieka sassed. 

"He's not here, I'm sure he would love a piece of you." 

"I'm Lady Ri-"

"Oh we got ourselves a lady." 

"A pretty one." 

"Let us out. We are not doing anything wrong." Rieka demanded. 

"You want to go beyond the wall, thats wrong. You should know that being a proper lady like you claim." Rieka grumbled out as they marched off leaving them in darkness. 

"Assholes." Rieka muttered sitting down. Sandor pulled her into his lap, kissing along her neck. 

"You alright?" Sandor whispered. Rieka relaxed into him, there was no use fighting until this piece of shit king came. Sandor held her close until she fell asleep too.