19. Tyrion

"He will live." That was all Rieka needed to hear to finally breathe again. Jon would live. 

"I will stay with him." Benjen assured hugging Rieka. "You did it kiddo." 

"Team effort." Rieka assured. Tyrion was hypnotized by her, even after all this time she was still beautiful and enchanting. Sandor stared back at her and Rieka ran towards him. 

"We did it." Rieka rasped as she lunged at Sandor wrapping herself around him. He held onto her kissing her fiercely. "We didnt die."

"I told you I'm a hard fucker to kill.' Sandor reminded her burying his face in her neck. Tyrion watched them from the door and his heart continued to break. Rieka had moved on. Had chosen another man, so easily, she picked someone that wasnt him. While his heart couldnt move on, because there would never be a girl like Rieka again.

Rieka tucked her face into Sandor's neck, breathing him in, it felt like safety until she heard a familiar voice that drew her back to winterfell. 

~

"You belittling my brother little man?" Rieka had demanded as she got down from Jons back.

"Offering some life advice." Tyrion offered. "Im Tyrion Lannister and you must be Rieka Stark. You are as lovely as they say."

"I am." Rieka agreed. "Ghost attack!" RIeka demanded pointing a dramatic finger at Tyrion. Tyrion flinched back but Ghost just sat wagging his tail. Rieka laughed out doubling over her hands on her knees. "Gods your face!" Jon didnt even try to hide his smile.

"Yes thank you for making me shit myself Lady Rieka. I think I need a drink." Tyrion grumbled. "Excuse me."

"Nice meeting you little lord." Rieka called back to him. Tyrion glanced back at her. Why were the pretty ones always so mean?

"There you are." Jaime declared through an exasperated breath. "I told you to be here-"

"And yet you and cersei had not realized I was gone until now." Tyrion corrected cutting him off. Jaime shrugged.

"You meet the starks? Arent they awful?" Jaime questioned not bothering to lower his voice the music dancing and chatter around them loud enough to cover his distaste.

"Charming people. I met Rieka and she tried to set a direwolf on me." Tyrion agreed and Jaime blinked back at him. "True story but I charmed the wolf and the girl and now we are to be wed."

"Now I know you are lying." Jaime corrected.

"She did stick the wolf on me but luckily he was not so well trained yet." Tyrion remarked.

"See. Awful." Jaime agreed.

"I dont know, I liked her smile as she was laughing at my fear. After I nearly shit myself that is and realized I wasnt going to die." Tyrion corrected.

"Well then dont let me keep you from your future bride." 

~

"Rieka Stark, it's been a long time." Tyrion remarked. Rieka pulled back from sandor and stared down at Tyrion. 

"Tyrion?" She rasped. 

"Do you know any other men of my statue?" Tyrion pondered. She choked out a laugh as she knelt before him, hugging Tyrion, he held onto her past Sandor's scowl. 

"I didnt realize how much I missed you." Rieka remarked kissing his cheek. 

"I missed you every day." Tyrion countered. "When I saw Jaime... he said he got you out for your safety, he was worried about you." 

"Yes." Rieka agreed. "Podrick as well, Brienne under duress but she's a big bitch and I'm mad at her." 

"I would hate to be on your bad side." tyrion countered. Sandor shifted from foot to foot. 

"You stayed to kill a king for her." Benjen remarked as he gathered more wood for the fire in jons room. "Dont worry about the little lord."

"You havent been around for the past few years." Sandor countered. 

"I know Rieka." Benjen corrected. 

"Is Jon okay?" Rieka questioned turning around. 

''Yes just-"

"Cold." Rieka agreed. "Sorry Tyrion we will-"

"Yes of course." Tyrion agreed, he pinched himself as she ran off with more blankets. 

"She's really here." Sandor assured. Tyrion stopped pinching his arm, letting his hand fall to his side. 

"I dont suppose you would know... when did you two... ummm connect again?" Tyrion questiond. "You left after the battle of-"

"Yeah, the fucking water was on fire." Sandor agreed. 

"Of course." Tyrion agreed. "But she didnt leave with you, I meant... so when did you two..." his lips pursed craning his neck up at Sandor. "Get so close?"

"When we were both dying a little bit." Sandor answered moving to get some ale. 

"Dying?" Tyrion rasped chasing after him. 

"Aye." He agreed finding a bottle and down it, the burn in his throat was a welcomed heat. 

"Rieka-"

"She lost her baby." Sandor informed him bluntly. 

"Oh." Tyrion whispered. "I..." he glanced back but rieka was still with Jon. 

"Yeah." Sandor agreed. "Then we got married." Sandor added watching tyrion's face shift from concern to betrayal and hatred. 

"You what?" Tyrion demanded. Sandor chuckled, leaning against the wall. "Liar."  he hissed out. 

"No. Ask her. Right wife?" Rieka smiled her gaze slowly lifting up to him. 

"Wife?" Tyrion demanded. "No, we are still married, you- Him? HIM!" Tyrion demanded, flabbergasted. 

"It was a misunderstanding," Rieka corrected. 

"One you ran with." Sandor countered. 

"True." Rieka agreed moving to Sandor's side, he wrapped an arm around her kissing her temple. Rieka smiled up at him. Tyrion felt sick.