12. Little Wolf

So they sat around the fire eating and drinking and talking Sandor sat next to Rieka, pulling her into his lap. Sandor's lips dragged over Rieka's she leaned into his touch, her own hand dragging over his jaw. 

'Get a room.' Thoros hooted.

"Gladly!' Sandor snapped back as Rieka kissed him again.

''You enjoying yourself?' Thoros asked him, sandor glanced over at him. 'The food.' He clarified.

''I prefer a chicken.' Sandor told him as Thoros handed him a jug.

''do you want to join us?' thoros questioned, but sandor scrunched up his face in distaste. "You too pretty, you know if you ever grow tired of you... husband? Really? Are you sure-" 

"Watch it man bun." Rieka warned.

''You ought to join us we could use you both.'' Beric agreed.

''I tried joining it didn't work out for me.' Sandor informed them.

"And that was your idiot friends fault." Rieka hissed. 

''the Lord of light has kept Beric alive for a reason he gave a failed drunk priest the power to bring him back... we all have something worth living for, perhaps that's why you found us again?' Beric suggested. 

"You like really know these guys." Rieka realized. 

"Some time I spent with your sister involved them." Sandor agreed.

"So like a double negative." Rieka agreed. Sandor gave a stiff nod. 

''Lots of terrible shit happens in this world there's no way we are here for something larger than ourselves.'' Sandor got up moving to the stream to pee. Rieka passed off the remaining food to Avalon she gobbled it down. Rieka's stomach was grumbling but after a few bites she could only picture Ray and Fran, all of them, dead. She lost her appetite. 

'Cold winds are rising in the south.' beric went on. 

"Is that a metaphor because Cersei is an ice queen?" Rieka mused. 

''And you are going to go and stop them?' Sandor asked.

''We need good men to help us.''

'And women, stop being so sexist.' Rieka added. Beric tipped his head to her. 

"And women, my lady." He agreed. 

'Last time you saw me you wanted to execute me.' Sandor reminded him but his eyes moved to Rieka. 

"You what?" Rieka spat, glaring around the group. 

''True enough but the Lord of light gave you the power to defeat me. Why?' beric questioned.

''I beat you because I am better than you Beric,' Sandor told him sitting back down. 'I was better than you before you started yammering about the Lord and I am better than you now.''

"You really came back to life?" Rieka demanded. 

"Not the only time, I have brought him back." Thoros agreed proudly. 

"Fucking hell, this is some vampire shit." Rieka murmured. "You keep bringing him back? How?"

"I'm just the lucky drunk that says the words." Thoros countered. 

"Maybe you should stop fighting, give Thoros a break his man bun can't handle it.' Rieka decided "And my sanity in believing in undead."

'Fuck off!' Thoros spat fixing his hair. 'I look good.' Thoros told her.

"What ever you say.' Rieka mused leaning into sandor. Sandor wrapped an arm around her, she really was perfect. 

''You are probably right Rieka, Sandor is a fighter he was born a fighter, Sandor walked away from a fight how did that go? Good and bad young and old the things we are fighting will destroy them all alike you can still help a lot more than you have harmed it is not too late for you.' Beric told him. Sandor hesitated. Rieka touched his cheek. 

'Whatever you want.' Rieka whispered.  'I'm with you til the end of the line.'

"Where are we going?" Sandor questioned. 

"North... what do you think Little wolf?" Beric questioned. 

"I didnt tell you who I was." Rieka countered skeptically. 

"You have a pet direwolf." Beric countered nodding to Avalon. "I took an educated guess." 

"Plus we met your sister, just a fiery as yourself." Thoros added. "But she liked my man bun."

"She thought you lot were a bunch of idiots." Sandor corrected. 

"Well Lady Stark?" Beric questioned. Rieka cleared her throat looking to Sandor. 

"It's actually Clegane."