5. Fake

Already Mine / Lucerys Velaryon out now!

Sandor's eyes peeled open, he looked around the little hut disoriented, he tried to move but his whole body ached, pain radiating through every nerve.

"Sandor!" Rieka declared when his eyes opened. "Dont fall back asleep," she begged. "Sandor-"

"Rieka." Sandor rasped choking out his throat like sandpaper. She ran to get some water bringing it to his lips. "Fuck. Water." She laughed out.

"Drink the water." Rieka corrected.

He nodded begrudgingly drinking down the water. Rieka clung to him. He put his arms around her breathing her in.

"I was so worried about you." Rieka whispered.

"Rie..."

"Sandor its okay. We are safe here". Rieka assured.

"Where are we little wolf?" Sandor rasped not letting her go.

"At a campsite. They are making a sept. Ray found us. You bleeding out and me well- me a crying mess-"

"You were pregnant... I remember that. You said... Rieka wha-"

"I'm okay Sandor. Im... im okay... now." Rieka assured. He nodded slowly, taking in his surroundings. 

"My everything hurts." Sandor remarked gruffly.

"Im so glad you are talking again. Im used to your strong and silent conversationalist skills but-" rieka sighed holding onto him.

''You got any ale?' Sandor questioned

"Okay you are definitely fine." Rieka agreed.

"I'm a tough fucker to kill." Sandor rasped. "Get me out of here." 

''I dont really think thats a good idea, you have been laying down, not moving sometimes not breathing for a fortnight... okay dont listen to me-" Rieka realize as he stared down at her. "just use me as a crutch your leg is broken and I don't want Fran to have to snap it back into place again.' Sandor just stared at her. 'I'm sure you want to stretch your legs though....' Sandor nodded but everything hurt. His whole body. He groaned laying back down.

''I have to get out of here.' Sandor grumbled but he couldn't move. Rieka placed a gentle hand on his chest. "Rieka we got to go... Not safe."

'We are safe." Rieka corrected. "And you're still healing. Let me take care of you.' Rieka told him kindly. He nodded stiffly tipping his head back into the cot.

"Seven blessings," Ray remarked happily. 

"And here I thought I was going to have breathe my breath into your lungs a few more times." Fran cackled out. 

"You put your mouth on me?" Sandor questioned, concerned. 

"Of course," Fran agreed with a dramatical wink. 

"She was saving you." Rieka agreed. "It wasnt like she was just kissing you for the fun of it." she added. Sandor shifted uncomfortably using all his strength to pull Rieka with him. 

"I dont trust them." Sandor whispered. 

"I do and you trust me, right?" Rieka countered. He stared at her another long and silent moment, she waited patiently, holding to his hand. 

"Aye." Sandor finally agreed. 

"Lets give these two love birds some time." Ray suggested. 

"Love birds?" Sandor grumbled. 

"Oh," RIeka leaned in closer. "Everyone also might believe you are my husband." 

"Why would they think that?" 

"Well Ray and Fran- that was fran-"

"The one that was macking on me while I was unconscious." Sandor agreed. 

"Yes," Rieka agreed. "They might have said something about you being my husband and I just didnt correct them and now it just seemed like... really silly to correct them after all this time." RIeka added. "But thats okay right? Fake husband?" Sandor closed his eyes trying to get comfortable again. 

"Fine me ale, Rieka." Sandor begged. 

"Yes, as your fake wife- by the way I took good care of you for the past two weeks and I really thought you were going to die and I was terrified." Rieka informed him. "So thank you for not dying."

"Thanks for not giving up on me." Sandor countered. 

"I'm going to try and track you down some ale." Rieka agreed and she let go of his hand, he stared back at her silently when she hesitated. She hugged him gently again. "Thanks for not dying." She whispered before running out of the room. 

Sandor didnt get a moment of peace before Ray was coming in. 

"That Rieka is a sweet thing." Ray declared. "She was a wreck worried about you." 

"She was?" Sandor countered. 

"She lost her babe and she worried she was going to lose her husband." Ray agreed. "She is a loyal woman, stayed by your side, tended to you day and night. Fran told her how to apply tonics, gave you herbs... you got a good one." 

"They ration the ale," Rieka remarked when she came back in. "But I dont really like the taste so you can have mine too." Rieka handed him a jug and he took a long sip. 

"You are a good woman Rieka," Ray remarked. "Let me know if you know you need anything, either of you." 

"Thanks Ray, Sandor is probably starving for some of my potatoes."