18. Distraction

Things I wish You said/ Gregor Clegane / Vaera Targaryen out now!

Fire rained down from the sky. Daenerys. The mother of dragons had arrived. She gave them a circle of protection with the fire, her dragons killing walkers around them. She offered jon a hand but he needed to kill more of them. They were not stopping. Daenerys reached out for him. But jon kept fighting.

'GO!" Jon shouted. 

"Jon!" Rieka demanded. Jon took off. Rieka couldnt let him just die here. She chased after him as the men climbed onto the dragon. Rieka didnt even have time to freak out that a real live dragon was beside her. 

"Rieka-" Sandor demanded. She took aim and sent the arrow flying. The night king turned just in time grabbing the arrow, he stared back down at Rieka, his crystal clear eyes haunting. The night king readied his spear and launched it at one of the dragons, the dragon collapsed to the ground disappearing in the water. She loaded another arrow as the dragon fell. 

"RIEKA!" Sandor demanded, that girl never listened. It was going to get her killed and Sandor wouldnt allow that day to be today. Stubborn as northerner, more like the northerners learned from Rieka how to be a pain in the ass. 

"We have to go." beric shoved Sandor along.

"I'm not leaving her," Sandor hissed pushing Beric off. Rieka send three more arrows at the night king, bring him down, bring them all down. Bring him down, bring them all down, Rieka whispered to herself as she let them fly. She hit him in the chest and he glared back down at her like he was offended. It didn't work, she hit him, it didn't work. Why didn't it work? She looked for Jon seeing him being pulled down.

"Jon!" she shouted slipping on the ice to get to him, walkers soon blocked her path, she had two arrows left, she loaded her bow but an axe came swinging through the air chopping them down.

"What's the matter with you?" Sandor demanded. "You looking to die? Is that it?"

"No." Rieka countered. "I wanted to stop a damn war before it ever starts!" She pointed up at the night king before running to Jon and pulling him from the water. A horse came riding up through the snow and a man in black slid off. He swung a blade around pushing walkers off Jon and Rieka before helping Jon onto his horse. Sandor looked to Rieka as she hugged the mystery man.

"Uncle Benjen, you are alive!" Rieka sobbed holding onto him. "Jon said-"

"Go, Rieka." Benjen begged. "Get him safe."

"What about-"

"Get out of here Rieka."

"We need to kill him." Rieka countered. Benjen only smiled in answer as he took off. "Sandor!" Rieka shouted.

"Picture your brother." Benjen suggested holding out a blade. Sandor took it confused but benjen nodded up to the night king. "We will give you a distraction." He suggested.

"What?" Sandor countered.

"Sandor!" Rieka shouted.

"Aim for the head if you can, or heart, even though I'm not sure they have hearts." Benjen suggested. Sandor took a step back and took aim. Rieka saw what he was doing and used her final arrow sending it up to the night king, he reached for the arrow as the blade connected with his chest. Benjen was being toppled and then he was covered in ash. Rieka gasped as the walkers fell around them.

"Well done" Benjen agreed. Sandor offered him a hand up.

"I know you.' Sandor realized.

"Yes... well done." Benjen repeated. "Gods... Rieka, Jon!" Benjen demanded. Rieka turned around, Jon looked frozen. 

Jon looked dead.