~To fall~

Woah what's this? I'm alive? and it's not bsd content? (brainrot is killing me rn so there's well whatever this is)

With trembling s/c fingers, you crack open two large wooden doors. It's a bit old-fashioned. Then again, your stepfather had this... taste for things of old. It may be the 20th century, but in his mind, he's in charge. How dare a woman stand up to him? How your mother managed to marry him is... he isn't very different from your father though. Ha, no not by a long shot. Though, at least your father never hit you. At least he never threatened to sell you out and act on it to "teach you a lesson." If murder was as easy as it was in books and crime shows, or you thought you could do it, you might... well you could. Let's just say your father did die from natural circumstances. It's not your fault he drank then, while drunk, had some drugs, and bit the dust! Certainly not your accidental-purposeful doing. Definitely didn't mix something in with his stuff, definitely not. To be fair, you were eight and meant to make him sick is all.

However, had you known your mother would remarry tenfold worse, you wouldn't have done it. You were through watching her protect you. Her face and arms were covered in bruises. Sometimes you'd catch signs of more than just that. Sexual signs of abuse. She tried her best to keep it from you.

Even now, she begs when you screw up. She begs and begs for her husband to keep his hands off of you. Why are you still here anyway? You're 20...

Well, who can afford to live on their own these days? And what would happen to your mother? It's not her fault she's a mess. You blame her sometimes for marrying the wrong people. It's not her fault. He had you fooled too. God, he was so sweet and gentle until they were two years married.

You step into the study, a place strictly off-limits. You can't imagine what may happen if you get caught in here. Still, curiosity has always been your downfall. You're sneaky and malicious, like a little fox. Lies are easy to thread on your lips, and you're, well, attractive. The doors swing shut behind you, and you exhale flipping on the lights.

Perhaps you will find something to get him arrested... or make easy work of murder. The thought is nice. Seeing him either arrested or lying in a pool of death. You walk to a chest, something that looks vintage and unused.

It's not difficult to pick the lock, you've learned a lot of skills over the years living in this rotten hell. You pat the dust of your hands onto your dress. Knee-length and modest. Your stepfather did not permit anything else. He found pants, unless they were loose, to be a whores choice.

You rummage through his things. There are old dresses, hair accessories, and pictures. However, one thing stands out to you. An old dusty book. You take it out, then neatly put everything back. You flip through the pages, raising a brow.

It's madness! Absolute madness! You flip through either way. Who knew this bastard had a fancy for such odd things? There are all sorts of rituals and spells. The book was so dusty, you doubt he'll notice if you take it, so you do.

You retreat to your room and sit in the armchair flipping through the pages. You find a particularly fun spell. Time travel. You snort, but interested you read it. "If I believed in demonic bs I would be all over this." You hum reading every word.

You don't believe in it.

You don't.

But gods, to escape this world. Even if just a fantasy, you might as well indulge in something to keep your mind from dying in this house.

To entertain the thought, you gather a bag of your things and rush to go through your mother's spices. She has everything you need. Again, you laugh to yourself. "I can't believe I'm doing this!" You talk to yourself, thinking you must have finally really lost it. You were a murderer at eight, and the sick thoughts still plague you, but you've never been like this with others.