Bai Yue still remembered his parents' reaction when he first told them about his relationship with Shang Yu Fei. They were shocked, asking when they had broken up.

Recalling the misunderstanding, Bai Yue couldn't help but find it amusing. He draped his jacket over the sofa and said, "Xiao Yan should be back soon; I'll start cooking."

Shang Yu Fei wanted to join, "I'll help."

Before stepping into the kitchen, Bai Yue blocked him with a hand on the shoulder.

Bai Yue smiled, "Flying on an airship can be tiring; go rest."

Shang Yu Fei furrowed his brow, about to say something, but before he could, the kitchen door slammed shut.

Shang Yu Fei: "..."

He silently touched his neck.

Bai Yue probably remembered the incident when the kitchen exploded last time.

Stir-frying was quick, but stewing required time. So, Bai Yue, having finished preparing appetizers, wiped his hands and walked out of the kitchen.

The hot soup simmered on the stove, producing a rhythmic gurgling sound.

Just a door away, the living room remained remarkably quiet. Bai Yue originally thought Shang Yu Fei would turn on the television, but upon entering, he found no sign of him.

Entering the room, he discovered a figure lying on the sofa, hidden by the backrest, which had obstructed the view earlier. The young man had his eyes closed, seemingly lost in sleep.

A fringe of black hair covered the furrowed brow, giving him a softer appearance. Unlike his usual alertness, there was a hint of weariness on his face.

Bai Yue opted not to wake him but fetched a blanket instead. Approaching the sofa, he noticed something fallen near the pocket – a small, plain box.

Extending his hand, he picked it up.

— A simple, sturdy little box, palm-sized. Opening it revealed a ring inside.

With minimal adornment, it exuded simplicity. Yet, upon closer inspection, there were engraved letters on the inner side.

BAIYUE.

Bai Yue: "..."

It was his name. His 18th birthday was approaching.

For humans, the coming-of-age ceremony was significant. It signified not just legal adulthood but also the capability to nurture life.

In other words, the awakening of pheromones.

The exact awakening time varied, not necessarily on the birthday, but it marked true adulthood only when pheromones were awakened.

Different genetic levels affected the quality of pheromones.

Alpha pheromones had a strong aggressiveness towards the same sex. With a significant level gap, they could easily suppress others with just pheromones.

In contrast, Omega pheromones were gentler and lacked aggressiveness, yet they were still potent. For Alphas, it was a seductive poison.

So far, Bai Yue's pheromones remained dormant.

Glancing at Shang Yu Fei, deeply asleep with no signs of waking, he sighed.

Bai Yue placed the small box back and covered Shang Yu Fei with the blanket. He then squatted beside the sofa, gazing at Shang Yu Fei's face.

After a year of separation, Shang Yu Fei appeared leaner, his facial features more defined. He had transformed from a teenager into a full-fledged adult.

Bai Yue recalled their agreement on Shang Yu Fei's birthday last year when they started dating. They promised each other that once they came of age, the other would mark them. Could that ring symbolize the meaning he had in mind?

Bai Yue reached out, gently lifting Shang Yu Fei's bangs, his eyes deepening.

Shang Yu Fei slept deeply, better than any night in the military dorms. In his slumber, he vaguely sensed someone approaching. The familiar and comforting aura kept him from reacting.

However, the gaze lingered and intensified. Shang Yu Fei forced his brain to wake up, opening his eyes.

There, he saw Bai Yue sitting close by, chin resting on folded arms. As Shang Yu Fei blinked, Bai Yue's light gray eyes curved gently.

Bai Yue: "You're awake?"

Shang Yu Fei raised his hand, reaching for the back of Bai Yue's head, grabbing a handful of the short, light gray hair.

"How long have you been watching?" His voice was slightly hoarse due to just waking up.

Bai Yue: "Just a little while."

Leaning closer, Bai Yue said, "Can you promise me something?"

Shang Yu Fei asked, "What?"

Bai Yue grabbed the hand that was touching the back of his head. Despite the rough calluses, Bai Yue held it to his nose.

With a slight smile, he said, "I want to smell your pheromones."

Author's note: Bai Yue: Just a quick sniff.