Seeing the teacher's gaze shift towards their direction, Bai Yue wanted to alert his desk-mate. Upon turning his head, he discovered that Li Ren wasn't sleeping at all but had his head buried, fingers skillfully tapping on the phone screen, engaged in a conversation with someone.

The teacher seemed oblivious to the situation, glancing briefly before looking elsewhere.

Li Ren typed with great force, each letter pressed firmly, his face turning red, as if in an argument. Bai Yue was curious and asked, "Are you chatting?"

Li Ren finally looked up, "No, I'm in a battle."

Bai Yue: "?"

Li Ren peeked out from behind the textbooks, ensuring the teacher wasn't looking, then discreetly handed the phone to Bai Yue, saying, "Take a look."

The phone screen displayed the college forum's post. While the title was about Shang Yu Fei returning to school, the discussion had completely deviated, now arguing whether Shang Yu Fei had a significant other and if he had broken up with Bai Yue.

While Li Ren had typed out a lengthy response defending their relationship, Bai Yue returned the phone.

Li Ren: "Aren't you angry? They're just talking nonsense."

Bai Yue commented, "It's so well-written, I almost believed it."

Knowing Bai Yue's mild temperament, Li Ren, his desk-mate and friend for three years, had never seen him lose his temper. Yet, it felt like more than just a good-natured disposition.

Despite the heated discussions on the forum, all the dubious rumors shattered when Bai Yue and Shang Yu Fei, oblivious to the chaotic onlookers, held hands and boarded the floating bus.

Classmates stared in disbelief, then dug up the previous posts, responding:
【Who said they were in a long-distance breakup? I thought I had a chance!!!】
【Ls+1】
【+2】
Followed by another string of +1s and +2s.

In the end, the thread was deleted due to excessive spam.

Bai Yue and Shang Yu Fei lived close, only a few hundred meters apart. After getting off the floating bus, they didn't immediately go home but went to a nearby market to buy groceries.

Bai Yue's parents were busy with work, rarely home, and they had a younger brother. Thus, Bai Yue took care of most household chores, visiting the market every two to three days.

The market owners were familiar with him, treating him like their own child and often giving extra vegetables and fruits. When they returned home, both of them carried bags full of items.

In the vast and sparsely populated Empire, even common people owned independent houses due to the inexpensive land. Bai Yue's family wasn't wealthy, managing expenses carefully with two children. Therefore, their house wasn't large but was bright and clean.

Two bedrooms in their home – one for the parents and one shared by Bai Yue and his younger brother. Bai Yue placed the groceries in the kitchen, checked the time, and decided to start cooking.

Taking off his uniform jacket, he walked out of the kitchen and found Shang Yu Fei still standing in the living room, seemingly lost in thought.

Bai Yue: "What's wrong?"

Shang Yu Fei turned around, "Nothing, just feels like it's been a while."

Bai Yue chuckled, "Almost a year."

Ever since they met in elementary school, Shang Yu Fei often visited Bai Yue's home, spending more time there than in his own house. Though they officially started dating last year, their daily interactions seemed no different from a typical couple.