An Anti-Romantic Valentines

Valentine's Day might just be my favorite holiday. All the pink everywhere I go, whether it's dresses, balloons, or gifts, it always gets me in the mood for romance. That's why it's such a waste to spend the time with Green.

"And what are you looking at?" Green asks.

"Nothing." I say.

"Come on Blue, you only stare at me when you want something from me."

"That's true, but I wouldn't possibly want anything from you on an insignificant day like February 14th"

"Alright."

"..." An awkward silence fills the room, like always. Green is the least romantic guy I could've fallen for. Crystal and Sapphire are so lucky that they have partners that want their attention.

"Will you be my Valentine's, Green?" I muster my best puppy eyes.

"Isn't it guaranteed that we'll be each other's Valentine's if we live together?"

"But each year it feels like you love me less and less."

"Stop exaggerating things. Did I not just buy you that necklace the other day?"

"Oh right, well quarrels over then darling!"

"Please stop calling me that." I roll my eyes. I swear he gets less and less fun each day. Oh well, he makes up for it whenever he buys something nice for me. It really feels like he pays less attention to me these days. He didn't even give me anything last Valentine's. 

I pick up my phone planning to watch something, but my mind slowly drifts back to Sapphire again. I wonder how those two are doing. The last time I was with them I couldn't get a word in before they argued about something. All I'm really wishing for is that Ruby doesn't break Sapphire's heart. Oh, who am I kidding? The kid's a natural romantic. Suddenly my phone begins to ring.

"Ah, right on time," I answer the call. "Hello, Sapphire."

"PLEASE SENIOR BLUE YA GOTTA HELP ME!"

"Well, isn't someone enthusiastic?"

"Sorry, I'm just really worried."

"So what about this help?"

"Well today I promised myself that I'd confess to Ruby, but I don't know how the heck to do it."

"Confession? I had always assumed you two were already dating. You two look so cute together! I can't believe you were just friends all this time."

"Cute?! Me and Ruby aren't cute!" Even though I can't see her face I imagine it being bright red. "Anyway, how should I confess to him?"

"Eh, with confessions you can be all over the place. In the future, all you'll remember are the words, not the actions. But personally, I prefer the type of confession where you go over to the guy like with chocolates in hand. You show him that heart-shaped box and tell him, "Here are some chocolates, handmade, but not the friend kind." Then after that, you get all flustered and then-"

"Senior Blue, that's enough. Thank ya for your help." I hold my phone shocked. Sapphire really hung up on me, huh? I guess I get a little hyper whenever someone mentions romance. Accepting that I might've been no help to Sapphire I go back to watching things on my phone.

"Hey Blue, earlier you said you wanted something from me." I turn to face Green.

"Oh, that? You don't actually need to get me anything."

"Well, I did. Remember that fancy restaurant?"

"No way! I totally thought they would be fully booked on Valentine's!"

"I thought that too, that's why I booked it 3 months in advance." My mouth is wide open, even though Green does this type of stuff all the time. "I'm sorry I didn't get something for you last Valentine's. This is my gift to apologize."

"This is incredible! I fully forgive you, but I should apologize too. I didn't mean to be so aggressive earlier. You don't need to buy me necklaces, or book a restaurant for me to love you."

"I forgive you too. Make sure you get ready to go out by 5:30, okay?"

"Got it."

A/N PLESAS PRETEND THAT ITS STILL FEBURARY OKAY