Nails and bats chapter 3: Star-studded

Sapphire: Bye dad!

Dr. Birch: Bye honey!

Lisia: Hey Sapphire, let's talk Ruby.

Sapphire: Why?

Lisia: You'll see.

My name is Sapphire birch. This is my best friend Lisia and this "Ruby" we're talking about is going to be my best friend by the end of the week. Long story short, after I hit Ruby in the head with a nail bat my dad forced me to befriend Ruby in a week to prove to him that I can restrict myself and not cause a casualty.

Sapphire: So you're saying that Ruby is putting a lot of effort into doing the whole "BFFs in a week" thing?

Lisia: Yeah! I think he really cares about you!

I could feel my face getting slightly pinker.

Lisia: Come on! You know that's not what I meant! I just think Ruby is a great person, and he cares a lot about your future.

Sapphire: Yeah of course, It's not like I'd get a crush on him.

Me and Lisia had a fun time, but I'd finally gotten to my classroom. When I got there one thing caught my attention. A few girls gathered around me in the hallway.

Sapphire: I have a nail bat in my locker.

Haruka: Hey, we haven't said anything yet. We don't mean any harm. We just want to know what you've been doing with Ruby.

Sapphire: Well I can't answer you cause me and Ruby don't go super personal.

Haruka: LAIR! Whoo, I'm sorry. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out. Then could you please explain to my why you two have been bonding, even though you whacked him in the head? And the fact that me and Ruby almost never interact, even though I treat him so well?

Sapphire: Maybe because I'm not an entitled brat like you.

People could be heard saying stuff like, "Ouch", or "Oh!". People had obviously come here to see a verbal clash, so I was about to give them one.

Saphire: You know, you actually answered your own question. Ruby doesn't like you cause you two never interact, yet you've been nagging him like you have some kind of ownership over him.

Haruka: THEN HOW DOES THAT EXPLAIN YOU AND RUBY? THERE IS SOMEONE BEHIND THE SCENE PULLING STRINGS, AND I WILL FIND OUT!

Teacher: Hey everyone quiet down and get in the classroom, especially you Haruka.

Mic drop. Truth is I've been fighting with classmates ever since kindergarten, and I quickly realized that fists weren't the only way to settle a fight. I spent so many days after school practicing my comebacks with Lisia, but I'm still kinda rusty. Then the glorious bell rang.

Sapphire: Where's Lisia?

Ruby: Don't even bother, she's talking with some girl named Haruka, I think?

Sapphire: No way!

It was true, Lisia had been talking with Haruka for who knows how long.

Ruby: since Lisia isn't coming back in a while, why don't we talk?

Sapphire: Why? Why are you doing this? Is it just because my dad told you to?

Ruby: What, the challenge? In the beginning maybe, but now I'm doing it for you. Lisia cares about you a whole lot after all.

Sapphire: Wait, how did you and Lisia even meet?

Ruby: Well, I think we met during my first time competing in a contest in Hoen. That was my first big hit, so many magazines listed me as the next big thing, but I realized that I'd get swarmed by fans, so I haven't really done the whole "contest" thing in a while.