Nails and bats chapter 1: Big Talks

A/N I know that I usually have these at the end of the chapter, but there's a lot to explain. Number 1, I know that I said I was writing "Lame gifts", but I lost motivation mid-way through. Number 2, this chapter isn't a one-shot! The reason this is called "Franticshipping stuff", and not something like franticshipping one-shots is because this is supposed to contain short stories and longer ones. So anyway I hope this is a good read.

In Hoen High School there's one girl everyone is afraid of, me. I'm Sapphire Birch, every day I go to school with my signature nail bat. Many people have tried to expel me, yet it never works. That's because my father is THE Professor Birch, so he can just give the school a talk, of course, he has to give a big talk to me every time I do something that might get me expelled, and I was expecting that big talk tonight, because I may have crossed the line.

Sapphire: Come over here!

Ruby: AHHH!

The little jerk I'm chasing is called Ruby, I didn't know his last name and I didn't really care. Today he insulted my outfit, then he said I had a leaf in my hair, worst of all he touched my hair to get the leaf off. This boy was the perfect creation to get me mad. As I was narrowing in on the boy's head with my baseball bat I had no thoughts, I didn't care that I was basically killing a guy, I didn't care that I was going to get lectured, all that I cared about was that Ruby was the most annoying boy I've ever met. After I finally caught up I went in with a swipe with my bat, Ruby's body fell straight onto the ground, then I finally realized that I was going to be toast, I just killed a guy.

Lisia: Oh my god Sapphire you're DEAD!

The girl in the dress is my best friend Lisia, we're completely different parts of our school, Lisia is one of the most popular girls in the school and gets asked out every day, while I'm a bully who wouldn't hesitate at killing someone like poor little Ruby here, yet somehow we became friends, probably because of Lisia's constant support of me.

Nurse: We'll be taking the student, thank you.

Lisia: I ask my two best friends to meet, and everything goes wrong, this is what I get for having dreams of us being a trio

Sapphire: No offense but that Ruby guy is a total jerk, how can you even be near him?

Lisia: Sapphire, like you, Ruby has a softer much kinder side that he doesn't just show to anybody, and even after he gets kinder he can still be kind of judgemental. Basically Ruby is an acquired taste, building a relationship takes time, and although I understand that you have a hard time controlling your anger, control is crucial to building friendships.

Lisia lecture hurt, which made me even more afraid of the lecture from Dad, then the worst thing happened, I got called to the principal's office. Although I get called to the principal's office all the time, this time was much scarier due to the fact I smacked someone unconscious.

Principal: Sapphire Birch, we have called your father, you shall now wait here, we shall discuss what to do when your father arrives.

Soon after my dad comes into the office, since my dad comes here often he always knows how to get here without help.

Sapphire: Hey Dad.

Prof. Birch: Hello dear. Now shall we discuss what to do?

Principal: Yes we shall. Today Sapphire hit one of our students, Ruby, and knocked him unconscious. Sapphire has hit people before but knocking them out is the next level, she will most likely have an even worse punishment than usual.

Prof. Birch: Although I don't want to, I've been considering home-schooling her for quite a while now.

Sapphire: Wait, WHAT?

My dad has considered this kind of stuff before but this time it seemed like that might be my fate.

Sapphire: Dad! You can't do that! What about Lisia?

Prof. Birch: I'm sorry, it's just that if I can't trust you with being safe with other students, I'll have to home-school you.

Sapphire: B-but, Dad! What if I'm really really really good all week, and I don't get in trouble once?

Prof. Birch: Fine, I'll think about it.

Principal: You shall take Sapphire home for the day to think about her actions.

My dad nodded then we drove home. As we were driving home I was thinking about Lisia and that stupid Ruby. If Ruby wasn't so rude I wouldn't be in this situation. When me and Dad got home we had a talk.

Prof. Birch: About that thing where you act good all week to stay at your school.

Sapphire: Yeah?

Prof. Birch: I'll allow it, but there will be one more thing that you'll need to do.

Sapphire: What is it?

Prof. Birch: I'll tell you later.

As the day went on my heart was rising with anticipation. What was the other thing I had to do? I was ready to do anything to stay in school with Lisia, and Dad made me wait until NEXT MORNING at school! Can you believe that? While I was getting off my dad's car I saw Ruby. Ruby had a bandage around his head, I guess my bat did some damage.

Ruby: Hey Sapphire, I'm uh, sorry for being rude to you.

Prof. Birch: Oh, Ruby! How convenient! Ok Sapphire, the extra thing you'll need to do is be best friends with Ruby by the end of the week!

Worst surprise ever.

Sapphire: WHAT?!?