The love birds are at the mall?!?

Emerald hated being around the two love birds, they can argue for centuries then suddenly turn all lovey-dovey. Emerald hated this, this will-they-wont-they stuff was annoying, he'd rather be stuck in a room with Gold than these two any day.

So far Emerald's day was going fine, he was hanging out with Crystal while she worked, and even though Gold and Silver were also there, this was ten times better than being forced to stay with the two love birds. Emerald was watching this anime Silver forced him to binge, it was surprisingly enjoyable for a children's anime.

Silver: For the last time Emerald, It's an anime with complex themes about morality, the meaning of life and so much more. It should be viewed as an experience, a masterpiece. Kids and adults like it.

Gold: Silver's just saying that as an excuse as to why he's watching a show for babies.

Silver: Proto Team Omega is life-changing, you're just too dumb to understand that!

Gold: Aww, look at Silver getting all defensive over a show for babies.

This argument suddenly triggered a reaction inside Emerald.

Emerald: Stop flirting!!!

Silver: ...

Gold: WHAT THE HELL MAN!!!

Emerald: Oh, sorry. I guess this is what happens when you spend too much time with the love birds.

Gold: WHO THE HELL ARE THE LOVE BIRDS?!?

Crystal: Would you all please quiet down, I'm trying to work here.

Gold: Sorry SSG.

Emerald: The love birds are just Ruby and Sapphire.

Gold: Oh, those two. 

Emerald: You know what? Why haven't those love birds interrupted my peace? They usually get in some dumb argument, then rope me into it.

Emerald pulled his phone out of his pocket, then texted Ruby, since Sapphire never brings a phone outside because it "disturbs her running".

Em: What the heck are you two doing?

A few seconds later Ruby sent a photo of him and Sapphire at a cafe, looking surprisingly happy, with the caption, at the mall. Then suddenly Gold swiped the phone out of Emerald's hands and got to typing.

Em: Yo prissy boy going on a date with the wild gal?

Then there was an immediate response.

Ruby: GOLD I WILL BEAT YOU UP THEN TAG TEAM WITH CRYSTAL AND SILVER TO TEACH YOU A LESSON.

Gold then immediately handed the phone to Emerald.

Ruby: Sorry, Sapph took my phone.

Em: No worries, anyway are you two actually going on a date like Gold guessed?

Ruby: Uhhhhhh

Em: I'll take that as a yes, anyways I need to binge-watch with Silver, we're at the two-part season three premiere and I don't want to miss it bye!

Emerald turned off his phone and sat with Silver on the couch.

Silver: Finally, I had to pause for so long waiting for you.

Emerald: Okay, now press play already!

A part of Emerald was actually proud of Ruby and Sapphire for progressing in their relationship. Maybe the love birds will be more tolerable next time.

A/N Okay, maybe next time I'll write about Ruby and Sapphire's time at the mall