Aurora

I was stunned when Orion agreed to the family dinner. I waved his family goodbye and started walking towards my friends and I saw Declan speaking to them along with another man who had similar features to Orion and a really pretty brunette.

We walked up to them; I was furious at Orion for accepting the invite and breaking our agreement.

"Hello Declan, I will forget that you are my boss for the conversation we are going to have now. What went through that brilliant mind of yours when you pointed at me as his girlfriend?" I asked pointing towards Orion.

Declan looked at Orion and back at me "I have no excuses for that, I am sorry. But it is over now. Breathe!"

I looked at him with fury "Well, Declan you see, your parents and his parents invited my friends & I for a barbeque dinner tonight and your dearest friend agreed to it."

Declan snorted while trying to cover his laugh, I looked at my friends "I am sorry, I told them we already have plans but they invited you guys also."

Lina & Juniper gave me side hugs saying it's okay and that we will make the most of it. As if, the close proximity to Orion is already making me confused and I did not want more of that.

Orion caught my attention "This is Rhys, my older brother and that's Everly, Declan's sister." I shook Rhys's hand "It is a pleasure meeting you Aurora, and I am really sorry about my brother's behaviour."

I gushed "It is not your fault here, and I see at least one of the brothers has better manners."

Everly laughed and extended her hand "I think you got that wrong, none of the brothers have any manners and that includes mine."

I shook my head "We will get going, text me the address and you better bring more than coffee twice a day." Lina and Juniper had already packed up our stuff and were ready to leave for our lunch. Declan, Rhys & Everly waved us bye and left. I started to walk towards my friends when Orion pulled my hand and looked at my lips for a split second before coming back to my eyes, "I am really sorry about the whole charade, I promise I will give you anything you ask for." Then he stepped closer and whispered near my ear, "Dress pretty". And left me there saying "See you in the evening!"

I walked to my friends who were already near the exit stairs, "Girl, you are in trouble!" Lina said as she handed me a bag to carry.

I truly was in trouble, when he had stepped closer to me, I had wished he would not leave. And all these brand-new feelings are in a stir pot in my head and the handle is definitely with Orion.

We took the short bus ride toward the South Bay Beach. We had plans to cover that beach tomorrow but a lot of good restaurants were on this side of the town. The bus ride was beautiful, with a rocky mountain on the right and a vast water body on the left. We got down and walked to the Mediterranean Restaurant which Juniper had looked into. The walk was short but it was way more crowded.

We sat down and placed our lunch order.

Juniper was playing with cutlery, "Just so we are on the same page, do we hate Orion or love him?"

"We unquestionably hate him."

Lina passed on the hand sanitizer, "Come on now, hate is such a strong word. Let's stick to disliking him."

I grunted, "Fine, we dislike him."

Juniper was pouring water into our glasses, "Do we have anything appropriate to wear today evening or do we need to go shopping?"

"I have never met any guy's parents. And when I am meeting for the first time, I need to impress the pretend boyfriend's parents whom I do not even like. Ughh!" I put my forehead on the table.