Chapter 25

Other

"PIM, you need to sleep. It's already past midnight." There came the worried husband as he touched Lea's back and caressed it.

No dinner, quiet and just staring out of nowhere. If it was the old her, no one would probably be as troubled. She used to be alone and independent. But knowing his wife, who he has now spent a year with, Lea's not in her normal state.

Her eyes were still puffy. Her hair was in a bun as she was just looking at the backyard, hugging herself.

"How about Elliana?" She asked as she took a peak of his face.

"I called Zen, she told me she has just fallen asleep and she's all fine. She's currently watching over her." Aga put his phone in his pocket.

"She's not going home?" Lea took a step back to give both of them enough space to face each other.

"Ayaw daw. She wants to stay with Zen." He shook his head and saw how Lea's eyes screamed disappointment after hearing his statement.

Her brows furrowed as she disagreed. "What? No, she can't. We need to fetch her. I won't sleep until she's home."

"Lea... she won't come with us even if we go there. She's still hurt. She's trying to grasp it all." He softly told her, she sighed and just faced the pool again. Once again, embracing herself as the wind blew.

"The timing wasn't right at all. Why does she need to know it at a moment like that? I could have prepared more, a better way to tell her our relationship." Lea nearly whispered as she felt an arm snaked around her shoulders, fondling with her right arm.

"She'll know it one way or another, PIM. No matter how, she'll still feel hurt. But don't worry. Our child's good with handling her emotions. She just needs time to adjust and take it all in. After she's fine, she'll talk to you again." He assuaged not being biased. Both feelings are validated and neither side should be overlooked.

"What if she don't?" She looked up at him.

"Then... no more triplets, will there be?" Their eyes then met as his lips formed a taunting shape.

"Aga naman eh!" Lea slapped his chest, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, okay. But I promise she'll accept it once she's fine. Elli's an understanding kid, she's just hurt that's why she acted that way."

"What if we visit her tomorrow?" She suggested in hope that he'll agree.

"PIM..." His tone was in a reproving manner, causing Lea to make a face as she once again burst out a breath of air.

"Hayst, okay. I'll give her some space for the mean time then talk to her if she feels comfortable talking to me again."

It has been a long week ever since the reveal happened. After the nth time of asking her husband to tell Zen to convince Elli to talk to her, there in the passenger seat, they were finally on their way to her secratary's condo where Elli's currently staying.

Lea's never been that nervous. She's never had the jits. But despite the building having dozens of air-conditioning, Lea was sweating.

"I'll knock?" Aga asked as they stood in front of Zen's unit. Lea nodded, waiting for it to open.

"You're here! Come on in." Zen cheerfully greeted as she opened the door. Both of them entered as Lea roamed her eyes.

It was a two-bedroom unit, clean and bright on the eyes with its white paint and some accent decorations.

"Upo muna kayo, tatawagin ko lang si Elli." Zen offered as she brought them to the living room.

Lea noticed a basket full of toys at the side and she immediately figured out whose was it.