Chapter 21

Parent Figures

"Mister." Aga who was carrying a paper bag from a bakery shop for his wife looked at his back as he heard the accustomed calling.

They were in the patio, the car parked directly in front. Elli was contemplating everything that happened that day. After Aga fetched her from school, as what he said, he did bring her to her favorite fast food, he even bought her favorite ice cream and brought her to the arcade.

Aga replied with a hum. "Thank you po. For protecting me earlier and talking to them. Thank you for fetching me and taking me to the mall. Also, thank you for loving nanay. She's been happier ever since I can remember..."

Aga didn't how to react, he wanted to say something but the child added more to her words.

"Just like the probability of a shooting star falling on a person. There are 7 billion people on this planet, yet you're the best man for nanay. Thank you po, tatay." Elli hugged him, smiled at him and opened the door as she run inside the house.

Aga was mummed. He couldn't fathom how fast his heart was beating. He would have never anticipated to feel that way when a child just called him 'tatay'.

"Nanay! I missed you!" Elli greeted Lea as she ran towards the person, hugging her.

"I missed you, too, Elli. How's school?" Lea placed her laptop aside as she gave her full attention to the little girl. Elli sat on her lap as Lea brushed her hair.

"It was fine, a little boring because Luna and Knight were absent. They needed to stay with tita Ella in the hospital, she just gave birth!" Elli excitedly announced about Luna and Knight's new baby sibling.

"That's nice, isn't it? What happened to your uniform, though?" Lea noticed some stains on her white blouse.

"Sorry nanay. I accidentally spilled some of my ice cream earlier while we were walking back to the parking lot." Elli apologized, knowing that it will take a hard time to clean up the dirt.

"It's fine, just be careful next time, hmm? Aga? What are you doing there, smiling alone?" Lea caught her husband's attention who was just staring out of nowhere.

"Maybe tatay is day dreaming." Elli answered for her, preventing herself from laughing.

"Tatay?" Lea was held back. Did she hear it right?

"Yes. She calls me tatay." Both of the child and the adult look at the person who proudly spoke. Wasn't he just spacing out?

He had the huge smile on his face as he proudly said the confirmation.

"Hmm? So you two are that close na ah?" Lea gave them a look as she winked at Aga.

"Elli, go change your clothes, first." She ushered the kid and she immediately followed.

"Tatay..." Lea softly said as she walked towards her husband, put her hands on his chest and looked up on him.

"Lea..." She knew what that tone was. He's trying to stop her, whatever she's doing.

"What? I'm not doing anything, am I?" She innocently questioned, as one of her hand moved to his waist.

"I love you." Lea muttered with pure Pasion. "I love you, too. Promise me, whatever occurrence happens, we'll remain this way?" Aga replied, asking for assurance.

"Mhmm... but don't do anything to ruin this. Let's stay this way." She tiptoed and swiftly kissed his lips.

"I've got to do office work. Do your tatay duties muna." Lea winked at him as she walked to her office, knowing how her husband lovingly stares at her.