Chapter 8

Miss Dragon

"Zen! I told them to repeat this, why is this here again?!" Lea's range was heard from outside her office as she slammed the paper on the table. The workers can't help but get scared themselves as Lea kept complaining about the works that she was receiving.

"M-ma'am, that's already edited —" Zen's shoulders shivered as cold sweats came out from every pore of her body when Lea responded.

"THAT? that's already edited?! A child can do better than that!" She went out of her personal space and faced all of the employees.

"I need all papers to be done by today! Understood?! I was only gone for two days and the office is already like this?!" They all lowered their head, dudging Lea's piercing eyes.

"Pa'ano ba naman kasi, nag-mall lang naman siya."  Whoever it was who spoke wanted to be in the death list as soon as possible. Lea picked up the muttering and it utmost was something she did not want to hear while she was talking.

"What was that again, Ms. Castro?" Suddenly, her voice became soft. The woman's colleagues looked at her once her last name was spoken.

"P-po?"

"You were saying something, right? Come on, tell us." Lea encourage with a ominous grin on her face. She saw how the woman swallowed, how she fixed her sit, held her clothes, played with her hands, and looked around.

"W-wala po, ma'am."

"No, no, tell us. It seems important."

"W-wala po ta-talaga, ma'am."

"Then why bother mumbling something?! I was talking right? I don't pay all of you to talk behind my back and intervene whenever I'm speaking! Go back to work, everyone!" The sound of typing and papers being pulled, turned and written on all harmonize as Lea walked back to her office.

"Next schedule?" Lea tried calming herself down as she reached for her tumbler. "Uh-uhm. Meeting with board of directors t-then visiting the orphanage."

Lea has seemed to forgot about the second agenda as she sipped through air. Every ticking of the clock made Zen more harrowed. An expressive Lea is already terrifying, and seeing her just staring out of nowhere, not knowing what goes inside her brain is alarming Zen.

"There's always calm before a storm."

And knowing Lea who's usually quiet and only talks to people for crucial and urgent matters, Zen couldn't help but pray for herself.

Her knees were locked, she was barely breathing and the clipboard in her hand almost has dents as she patiently waited for her boss to speak up.

"Is everything already prepared?"

"Yes, ma'am. Since yesterday." Lea gave a nod which indicates both as 'okay' and 'you may leave'.

In the middle of quietness, a knock from Lea's door inverted her focus, verbalizing to whoever it was that they can enter. "Hi, ma'am!"

The familiar manly voice beamed at her. Lea then knew that that day wouldn't get any better. "What do you want now, Mr. Gago?"

"Arouch, Arwell. But hey! I'll leave for this afternoon until later at night, you'll have some peace!" The drop of her second name made Lea wince but his second sentence jinxed the assumption of that day never getting better.

Question is: where is he going?

She rarely even see him more than 2 feet away from her, so him informing her that he was leaving for half a day made Lea curious. But in the most obvious sense, she didn't ask.