Chapter 6

A Whole New World

The world has nothing to offer but cruelty.

That's how Elliana used to perceive it. While she walks along the pavement of the gigantic city, with the sun bright and hot (which people says indicates a good day), that's when Elli's jealousy occurs.

She couldn't count how many times she has seen children with their parents carrying tons of paper bags on their way to the parking lot as they've finished their day of enjoyment at the mall.

While their faces plaster the abundance of happiness, she was there watching while her foot couldn't bare taking one more step, her knees were jelly in starvation, adding the mere fact that the smell of good food restaurants has to provide mixed with the warm wind as she tried hiding from guards.

Now back at the parking lot of the same mall she used to stay at whenever unbearable hard times occur; her brain sent waves of ecstasy. Finally, she wasn't there to envy other people anymore. She wasn't there to rest from the world's atrociousness. She wasn't there to imagine what the inside looks like, she didn't need to count the cars passing by to ameliorate the hunger.

She was there to have fun.

"Wow! Nanay! Nanay! It's so big po!" Her and tiny voice caught the attention of other people but Lea didn't bother ceasing the child's pure reaction. Hence, she was also busy taking photos of the little girl.

Her puffy dress with leggings underneath bounced up and down as Elli hopped while holding Lea's hands. The place was more than she could ever imagine.

There were stores everywhere, it was crowded but wasn't suffocating. A lot of entertaining stuff stayed as where they were, waiting for someone who is interested to try it. And one of those is Elli.

"Nanay?" Elli called as she tapped Lea's waist. Lea gave her an expression that shows she was intrigue of what she's about to spill.

Elli turned her body a little and pointed where there were kids playing with bump cars. Lea searched for the line to get tickets and saw that it was quite long. She hated waiting for too long, but just the thought of ruining the experience for Elli also ruined it for her.

"You want to try that?" Once she had Elli's confirmation, Lea didn't bother thinking twice as they walked towards the waiting line.

Across the metal bars, at the very end of it was an odd looking man, for people who don't know him.

It was the first time Lea saw Aga wearing something aside from black or his uniform. The light blue polo-shirt and kaki 3/4 shorts emphasized the built of his body. Which for the record is sexy.

He watched them and followed them around while following Lea's demand of not pestering her off. She raised an eyebrow at him and mouthed 'Keep distance. Don't be weird.'

"Nanay! Nanay! We're next na po!" Lea looked at Elli who graced her with all the excitement as she tugged her shirt.

"Mayora! Kayo po pala!" One of the staff noticed and gave her a little bow. She shake her hands humbly to show them that they don't need to give notice her presence.

"Come here, baby girl. Check lang natin height mo." One assisted. Lea pulled her wallet for the money as they gave the signal that Elli can come downstairs where the bump cars were.

Once Elli had settled, Lea turned to one of the workers to ask a question. "Where do I wait?" They directed her to where the other parents were standing as she thanked them.

Aga followed her, keeping the distance. Lea kept taking photos of Elliana and waved back when Elli beamed at her.

"She's enjoying it, 'noh?" There was suddenly a voice from behind her. "Yeah. Look at her smile."