Chapter 12

Those

A day after Elli's confinement, Lea was still stuck in her house in boredom. Other than watching tutors in and out of the study room, checking once every now and then on Elli, and having bantering sessions with the best personal guard, Lea's day went as she let it to be.

She browsed through sites again as she deleted incognitos of bags she was checking. Suddenly, an ad for a resort in Batanes popped up from the upper part of her screen as she also accidentally hit it.

Surprisingly, she got intrigued by it, hence the fact that she used to know someone near it.

After some more browsing, Lea had finally decided to go there. She booked a hotel near the place, contacted Zen then went to Elli's room to inform her about the out-of-the-town.

"How about me?" She couldn't help but rolled her eyes as the manly voice spoke behind her. "You can come but I won't pay for your expenses."

"Ano ba 'yan, ang yaman nga, kuripot naman," he whispered, turning his back. "What did you say?"

"Nothing, ma'am Leayla Arwell," his smile definitely pissed her off but for months of being with him, Lea had baffling-ly found a way to control her emotions - anger - towards him.

She left him in nuisance, going to her room to pack necessities.

It was 6 in the evening when they decided to leave, out of the nowhere, Aga volunteered to drive to the airport.

"I'm so excited, nanay! I can't wait to meet new people and see beautiful sights!" Elli chanted as she helped herself take a step on the white SUV. Lea from the back pushed Elliana upward as the little girl crawled to the other side of the back car seat.

"Why are you sitting there?" Aga mumbled as he adjusted the mirror. Lea raised an eyebrow, trying to comprehend his point.

"I didn't apply as a driver, sit in front." His tone made Lea question on who's the boss between them both. "You're trying to act higher now?" His aura then changed as he smiled to her.

"Ay! No po, ma'am Lea. Sit in front po since I'm a personal body guard and not a driver." His grin grew wider that made it look more inauthentic.

Lea, who was trying to be very patient, just crossed over and sat on the passenger's seat.

"Happy now?"

"More than, now, are we all ready?"

"Ready!" Elli responded, raising her hands up in the air. "Ready," Lea added with a very monotonic voice.

"Well, I guess, let's go?"

"Look who's excited." Aga appeared from her back, pushing a trolley with their baggages. It wasn't much, but he'd rather be comfortable and not be too tired in the middle of their travel.

"Yeah, I know. She said she wanted to watch the plane take off but she's the one who took off." Lea replied as she jested another move to adjust Elli's body.

Aga's chortle made her look at him as they were boarding. She didn't really say anything funny, "why are you laughing?"

"You're unconsciously a joker, huh?" She just shook her head as they finally stepped in the plane. They were immediately assisted to business class as Aga helped with the hand-carries while Lea sat beside the left window seat.

"You want me to take Elli?" He queried as they finally loaded the baggages. Lea fixed Elli's top and placed a blanket on her.

"No na, I can handle her." She then tried reaching her bag but wasn't able to because of the child that was occupying her front body.