Trouble Brewing (P/3)

Daytime
Jura Forest
Tempest
Narrators POV

Bang!

Haruto, face filled with sweat drops, fired another bullet from his gun in his right hand, but his opponent simply dodged and aimed a strike from sideways using the great sword in his left hand. Haruto ducked and aimed a thrust to the man's stomach, his Katana closing in on the man who couldn't dodge.

Stab!

The katana pierced the man's stomach, before Haruto aimed his gun at the man's face point blank.

The man however, with swift movement, grabbed Haruto's right hand with his right hand, shocking the Oni momentarily.

Snap!

ARGH! [Haruto]

Haruto let out a pained grunt as the hand holding his gun had its bones crushed, the gun falling out of his grip.

Haruto, with precise thinking, let go of his Katana and grabbed the gun falling out of his hand. He avoided another vertical slash by sidestepping and kicking the man's stomach, before hopping backwards and creating distance.

The man pulled out Haruto's katana and stabbed it on the ground, before splitting it into half with a quick horizontal slash.

Haruto realized that the man had purposefully allowed himself to be stabbed, just so he could grab his arm and gain the advantage on the Oni. A click of the tongue clearly expressed his annoyed acknowledgment to the man's simple plan.

Haruto clicked his tongue in annoyance, slight anxiety welling up inside his stomach as he witnessed one of his two weapons break. All he could use now was the gun in his hand, that too whilst avoiding this man.

(It's only been a few minutes since we started to fight, but he has a major advantage over me. There's no doubt, he's far more skilled than me when it comes to combat. I'm in a handicap too...) [Haruto]

Despite the urge to look at his broken hand, Haruto didn't dare let his eyes lose sight of the man infront of him. Haruto was sweating buckets, knowing that the man could kill him under the slightest misstep.

Haruto, feeling nervous and even slightly fearful, could not help but compare this fight of his with the mysterious man to when he fought Charybdis's Megalodons.

These were moments he had felt despair, anguish, exhaustion and even spite.

Haruto knew that despite the similarity in terms of feelings, the situations were vastly different.

When facing the Megalodons, Haruto was surrounded by an entire army and powerful individuals whose power was far beyond their comprehension. Even if the situation was hopeless to a degree, Haruto felt assured to an extent that they still had hope to win.

However, this time...

Haruto couldn't find a shread of advantage, nor could he detect a shread of weakness. It made Haruto feel scared, fearful of the man that was Infront of him. An existence that Haruto couldn't comprehend, just like the ones at the top... After all, he was nothing but a normal Oni compared to them.