Chapter Thirty-Seven: Let It Hurt

Zacznij od początku

They landed among the familiar bookshelves and pages of the Hogwarts library. Sitting at one of the study tables on the ground floor sat two teenage girls, one with bright blonde hair wearing a green dress and silver tie while the other sat in a blue dress and bronze tie with her dark hair pulled up into a tight updo. She guessed they had to be in their seventh year.

"Look," Noctua Gaunt said as she further turned to her friend. "All I'm suggesting is before you look for a job in the Ministry, you may want to learn how to get along with others."

Minerva snapped her neck at her. "I get along just fine!"

"Oh yeah, of course you do. Because people love it when you scowl at them as a way to say 'good morning'."

"I don't scowl!"

Noctua laughed. It was bright and carefree, very out of character for a Gaunt. "You're so funny, Minnie!"

Before Minerva could say another word, Sabrina watched as a young man suddenly approached their table, clearing his throat. "Pardon me, ladies."

The two girls stopped and examined him with great interest, similar to how Sabrina was doing. He was tall and lanky with a slight curl in his brown hair, bright blue eyes that held a twinkle along with a hidden sadness behind his gold rimmed glasses, and small freckles on his cheeks that danced with his slight smile. He held his head high and stood proud in his golden Hufflepuff vest, trousers, and black robes, something that wasn't missed by Noctua.

"I was hoping you may be able to help us with a little problem," he explained. "You see, my friend here—" He turned to his side as if expecting someone to be standing with him. When he saw no one there, he quickly turned around and glared at a blonde curly haired boy by a bookshelf hiding his face in a book.

Sabrina couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of her father's face, almost as red as his scarlet Gryffindor vest.

The Hufflepuff huffed but turned back to the girls. "My embarrassment of a friend over there seems to be failing his Magical Theories class since Professor Fig has taken over, and in order for him to play quidditch and get into the Ministry Auror program, Theodore needs a passing grade. Would either of you be willing to help out his poor, pathetic self?"

"Not to be rude," Noctua said as she raised her eyebrows. "But why don't you help him?"

"Believe me if I could, I would. However as fate would have it, Professor Weasley has forbidden me from helping. She said I would just 'give him the answers' or something along those lines."

The way he held himself and spoke reminded Sabrina so much of Ominis. It was almost startling.

Noctua turned to Minerva. "You are the smartest one in school. Plus, this would be good for you! Making friends will be fun!"

Minerva frowned, looking around the boy to glance at Theo. After a moment, she sighed. "Fine. Alright, Grayson, I'll do it."

He beamed and clapped. "Wonderful! Thank you! Let's say Thursday after dinner, around six o'clock here? I'll make sure he's on time. I cannot thank you enough!"

The girls giggled as he ran back to Theo. "Who is that?" Noctua whispered.

Minerva looked at her. "That was Oliver Grayson. You know! Hufflepuff's honorary prince?"

"Oh, makes sense. I don't pay attention to Hufflepuffs."

They were now in the Three Broomsticks. It was a celebration, as there was a lively jig playing and many students dancing and laughing, enjoying a butterbeer after a long day to release tension. Sabrina was shocked by how many familiar faces she saw aside from her parents. Sirona Ryan, although her hair was much shorter, was dancing happily along with a young Professor Garlick, and a man who looked surprisingly like Everett Clopton was trying to show off in front of a bunch of girls. In the crowd she could see Minerva was dancing with Oliver, who was not wearing his reading glasses and whose blue eyes were now twinkling as he smiled with her.