➵ 011. The Worst Possible Fate

Start from the beginning

"Yes, well, I was walking past her... But she came up to me, asking for help with boxes."

"And you helped her why exactly?" Klaus asked, narrowing his eyes at his oldest brother.

"Out of good will?" Finn raised a brow at Klaus, "Why are you so concerned?"

Klaus looked aside, before turning to Elijah. "I have places to be. So, I will take a leave now."

Elijah hummed, watching Klaus walk out of the room with Finn and Kol. 

━━━━━━━━━━

Lilith huffed with a deep frown, walking threw the crowd at the market. She groaned, bumping into a hard chest. "Ouch, sorry." She looked up, "Klaus? What are you doing here?"

"I was on my way to see Rebekah..." He raised a brow noticing her grumpy expression, "What happened to you?"

"Plan P failed." Lilith huffed again, folding her arms. "Rebekah came at the perfect time. Alexander had Palmira in his arms. But when he noticed her, he quickly made it look like he was helping Palmira with her dress! Unbelievable!"

Klaus looked at her disappointed at yet another failure. 

She notices it and grabs his hand, looking up into his eyes. She uses her free hand to cup his cheek. "Don't worry. We will try again. If we are left with no other option, I will simply have to eliminate him."

Lilith eyed glanced past Klaus, where she noticed her uncle standing afar with folded arms and a scowl.

She releases Klaus's hand, causing him to frown in confusion. "Let's speak about this later."

She walks past him, moving toward Amenadiel. Klaus turns around and stares at her back. He sees her stop before a tree and hugging air with a huge grin. 

"Uncle A! I missed you!" He heard Lilith say with his vampire hearing abilities.

He had a deep frown, as he was unable to understand who she was talking to. He half suspected that she had lost her bloody mind to be talking to a tree and calling it 'uncle' no less.

But then again, should he bother himself with such nonsense while his family could be in grave danger?

'No. Don't have even a second to loss.' He turns and walks away.

"What are you doing with an Original Vampire?" Amenadiel asked Lilith with folded arms and questioning look. "He is dangerous."

"I know, I know. He has fangs and whatnot. But he is really sweet." Lilith thinks back to the time Klaus was making wooden sculptures with a group of children. A smile crept up her face.

"Sweet? Father would incinerate him and his family, if he broke his own rules."

"Oh, please. That old guy is far to lazy for that." Lilith rolled her eyes at the thought of her grandfather.

"Lilith," Amenadiel began in a gentle warning tone. "Father is just preoccupied with other things."

Lilith sighed, looking up at her gullible uncle. She patted her hands on his shoulders, "My innocent uncle. Sometimes I wish you weren't so gullible." She hugged him like a bear, "I don't want others to take advantage of you. You are too pure for this cruel world!" She says the last bit with sarcasm.

Amenadiel chuckles, hugging her back. "I am older than you. I think I know the world more than you by now."

'Do you, though?' She thought to herself because she knew none of her celestial family members have ever lived among the humans. Aside for her father, obviously. She was so sure that if Amenadiel was to spend some time on Earth, he wouldn't be so... Cheerful.

"But I am serious, Lili. Stay away from that family."

She hesitantly hums in agreement. 

Hi, guys! 

Hi, guys! 

Just checking in, how is the story so far? Are we liking the changes in the plot? 

— MAYA