➵ 008. Love

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
008. Love
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Klaus and Lilith sat together again for a cup of tea, because Klaus wanted Alexander gone from Rebekah's life as soon as possible. Especially after the stunt he pulled at the feast that took place during the festival.

It worried Klaus knowing that The Five are secretly trying to sniff out vampires. He hated the unknown future that could be dangerous for him and his family. He always has a plan in place and always thinks ahead. But this time, he didn't have just his father after him but also a group of hunters, whose powers he knew little to nothing about.

He had hoped to get some answers to the powers of hunters from Lilith today. But she looked lost as she sipped her tea.

"Lilith?" He called for her, waving his hand in front of her face.

"Have you been in love before?" She asked him out of nowhere, while keeping her eyes on a couple who were walking and laughing together. She noticed the way the two stared at each other. It was so... different.

Normally, when you stare at a person, emotions don't spur out of your eye. And that's what Lilith thought too, as she saw they couple. She didn't know what this 'romantic love' was because she has never been in love or seen this kind of love around her.

She never saw her father and mother together, because her mother died. Her Uncle A has also never been in love. The same when for Axel, Maze, and all the other demons.

Before she came to Earth, her father told her to fall in love and to experience it. But how was she to experience it if she only knew that it was supposed be beautiful?

The picture of love was so beautiful and pristine to Lilith, that it seemed impossible.

She first thought that love was about finding the most perfect person possible. But she found out that she was wrong after going on a few dates with the most perfect and goodwilled people.

Klaus choked on his tea and cleared his throat, "Why do you ask?"

She finally looked at him, "Because I have no one to ask about this 'romantic love'." She does air quotes, making his face scrunch in confusion.

"Have you never been in love?" He asked, placing his tea cup down on the wooden table.

"No," She blandly spoke. "I have no idea as to what it is or what it should feel like. My father told me to fall in love and to enjoy all the things that come with it. I know it's suppose to be the most humane and strongest emotion. However... I can't seem to love anyone. Does that mean I have lost my human side of myself?"