➵ 005. Perfect Dresses

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
005. Prefect Dresses
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lilith hummed, rubbing her chin, sitting on the floor cross legged. In front of her, many fancy dresses were laid on the ground.

"Why are you putting so much thought into your attire all of a sudden?" Axel asked. He sat across her, a bit further away, groaning as Lilith took far too much time to pick a dress for the festival. He was bored to death already from spending time on Earth and now Lilith was making him suffer more by asking which dress would look best on her. "I thought you didn't care about how people saw you."

"Oh, hush now, my devious spawn," She told him, waving him off with her hand while staring at the dresses intensely. "I am dressing for myself today and I need to look approachable to Rebekah."

Axel hummed, rolling his eyes at the thought of Rebekah Mikaelson. Which earned him a look from Lilith. "What?" He asked her.

"You met her after I told you to, haven't you?"

"Yes. I did."

"Tell me everything her."

Axel sucked in air and huffed, before grumbling on about Rebekah, "She lives in her own dream bubble and has no idea about the world. I watched her get persuaded by her lover to wear a dress that she wasn't comfortable in and what she should eat. The man was changing her diet and dressing. I can guarantee, she is still alive because of her brothers."

Lilith paused, "That just mean she has a pure and innocent heart."

"Pure heart?" Axel scoffed. "Nothing is pure about anyone. She listens to every word that her lover says, but she doesn't listen to a word her brothers tell her. I have seen her converse with her brothers. She is a spoiled child, clearly."

"That's rude." Lilith told him with a stern expression. "She is the only sister they have and the youngest. Of course, they are going to pamper her and adore her. If they didn't, I would rethink my opinion on Klaus and his brothers." She huffed, "If I was her and had older brothers, I would expect nothing less than to be treated as a princess."

Axel scoffed, folding his arms, "You are already treated as a princess by Lucifer."

"Fatherly pamper is different from a brotherly one. Siblings are your friends first, and then your protector. Take you for example. You are like a brother to me. No, you are my brother. I can tell you things that I can't tell Daddy."

He hummed with a straight face, although he was moved by her words and was smiling in his head.

"I know I can trust you and that you will protect me. I trust Daddy too, but can't tell a parent everything, now can you?" She sighed, before getting back to looking at her dresses. "Pink? No... Red? Yes. But I like the trail on the black one... Ugh!" She groaned in frustration.

Axel shook his head at her, before grabbing a dress and pulling it up to show her. "This gold dress... Has a trail. Has detailed gold embroidery work done on the hems. The sleeves are also mermaid sleeves like the red one."

Lilith's eyes lit up at the sight of the dress. Her hands clamped together, "This is exactly why I ask you when it comes to dresses!" She hugged him tightly and he laughed, hugging her back.

━━━━━━━━━━

Klaus rolled his eyes, watching his sister go on and on about what dress she should wear. Finn and Elijah sat in the corner of the room having tea as they watched Rebekah. Kol, on the other hand, had his mouth glued to a woman's neck. His fangs stained with her blood when he moved his head away from her neck. He then dropped the body on the floor, getting up from the couch.

"Clean up after yourself, Kol." Elijah told him, with a look while Finn avoided the sight.

"I will once I get another one and finish that one too. So, I can take out the trash at once." Kol replied with a shrug before leaving.

"How much longer, Rebekah?" Klaus couldn't bear it anymore. His head was spinning at the sight of all the dresses she was asking about and if Alexander would like it or not. Finn and Elijah smirked at his condition, sipping their tea. 

Rebekah turned to him with a look, "I ask you to help me just this once and you can't even do that for me." 

"Well, I have been trying and it has been three hours. I will not help you with dresses ever again."

"It's taking long because you aren't good and selecting dresses!"

"Oh no, you are the one who is bad at it! Otherwise, why would it take you so long?"

"Enough, children." Elijah gives them a look with a slight smirk. "Rebekah, please do hurry up. We are on our fifth cup of tea."

"How am I to choose a dress in such a hurry?!"

"It's simple... Just pick one!" Klaus says, gesturing to all the dresses that were the finest in town. "All of them are the same!"

"No, no, no. Look at the hem, the trails, the sleeve, the colour!" Rebekah points to all of the areas of the dresses. "You all are of no help whatsoever!"

"Yes, now hurry! I have a date to pick up. Can't keep a lady waiting!" He says with a grin.

Rebekah dropped the dresses she was holding up, "Date? You have a date? So fast?"

"What else could you expect from our charmer of a brother?" Finn smirked at Klaus who nodded.

"Could this date be Lilith, the one I met?" Elijah inquired, narrowing his eyes at Niklaus playfully.

"Yes."

Elijah smiled wide, while Rebekah's lips spread wide and eyes shined with excitement. She hopped over to Klaus, "Who? Where? When? I need all the details!"

"It's just a date." Klaus waved her off with a chuckle.

"Oh," Rebekah dampened. She thought that it would be a good opportunity to get a female friend. But oh well, that idea went down the drain. Because when Klaus has just a date, it means that the woman is going to be dinner.