➵ 009. Earning

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
009. Earning
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Why must we be here exactly?" Klaus asked his sister, as she dragged him and their brothers to a knight competition.

"Because, Alex is also participating."

"How come? He isn't even a knight!" Kol exclaimed.

"Yes, however this event is open to all men." Rebekah took them to Lilith, who was sitting at a bench that had the best and closest seats for the match. "Lili!"

Lilith smiled turning to Rebekah, "Ruby!"

"Lili? Ruby?" Kol muttered with a surprised expression. "She made friends with Nik's date so fast? And they are on nickname bases now?" He had met Lilith only once, but he knew that Lilith is not someone so simple and open.

"They bonded over a shopping trip," Klaus rolled his eyes. He despised shopping trips the most.

"Lilith, how nice to see you again," Elijah placed a kiss on the back of Lilith's hand, earning a polite smile from her. Finn does the same and Kol follows after him.

"Hello again to you all too." Lilith smiles up at them, before Klaus takes her hand and kisses it. She nods to him, "Come. It's starting!" She gestured them all to sit down.

"How was the shopping trip with Rebekah?" Klaus asked in a whisper, as he sat beside Lilith.

"Splendid. She knows the truth," Lilith answers him, while smiling and looking at the knights enter the arena.

"What?" He whispers in shock.

"Hmm, relax, we will talk about this later."

"No, we need to talk now—"

Lilith puts a finger on his lips, "Shush. Everything will work out. Just relax."

Klaus reluctantly stayed silent with a huff. Lilith turned to the show, munching on the salty crackers. She puts a cracker in front of him, while her eyes were glued to the show. 

She found it fascinate that humans put up so much work just to show off their skills for free, while endangering other knights. It seem far too foolish to her to have such trained knights to waste their time on something that is useless and can end their life as a knight. 

Klaus takes the cracker into his mouth from her hand, his eyes darting between her and the show. He couldn't help but smile at the way she was so focused.

"Ah, there's Alex!" Rebekah points towards Alexander, who was in an armour, holding his sword. A wide smile creeped up on Rebekah's face, which didn't go unnoticed by Klaus and Lilith.