➵ 002. The Mark of A Devil

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
002. The Mark of A Devil
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Klaus and his family moved to Italy, in continuing attempts to shake off Mikael, their father, who was out to hunt them down. Klaus hoped to get rid of him as soon as possible and get a chance to breath in peace. Italy was now their temporary home, only until they find news of Mikael coming.

During the past few days, he and his family had learned about The Five, a group of hunters created by witches to eradicate vampires, the monsters who lurked in the dark, feeding off of human blood and leaving a trail of dead bodies.

Klaus watched Alexander, one of The Five, torture a vampire in front to the crowd. His arms behind him, as he stood with Elijah, discussing about what to do with them and if they could be a threat to their family.

Beside him, a short brunette woman gasped in a low voice, her dark brown eyes wide at the sight of the hunter slaying the vampire under the scorching sun. She covered the eyes of the child in front of her. Klaus glanced at her and found her glaring at the sight. "Not a lover of vampires?"

"Not a lover of this— This monstrosity," The sheer fear, disgust, and hatred blurred her vision. Klaus could see it as his eyes examined the side profile of her face. She still hadn't looked at him. "How could he just kill the vampires in front of the crowd and children?"

"You prefer he did it in private?"

"Yes, of course. If you are killing, be discrete about it. Don't flaunt it as it it is the most glorious act." Her eyes judged the hunter with distain. "What is he trying to teach the young children? To slaughter? What if one child grows up and slaughters him?" She asked. "There goes all the smug and glory down the pipes."

Klaus chuckled, making her look at him. 'He's good looking.' Was the first thought that came to her mind.

"I am Klaus. Klaus Mikaelson," He puts his hand out for hers.

She places her hand on his, "Lilith Morningstar."

"Lilith," He mumbled her name with a smile, placing a kiss on her hand.

Lilith smiled at him before looking over her shoulder, when she heard her name. "Lilith." She saw Axel, waiting for her. His eyes dropped to her hand, which was still connected to Klaus' lips, who's eyes glided over to him. Axel looked back up at Lilith's face. "It's ready."

"Oh," She turned to Klaus, who stood up. "It was nice meeting you, Klaus." 

Klaus watched as she walked off with Axel, wrapping her arm around his and laughing. He straightened up, seeing her look back at him over her shoulder. She gave him a smile, before looking at Axel and whispering something to him.

Axel looked over his shoulder, looking at Klaus with his usual cold eyes. He nodded to Lilith, letting her walk into a tent.

Klaus watched at Axel stood outside the tent, while Lilith did something inside. She walked out within a span of few minutes. He noticed a blood stain on the hem of her brown dress as she turned around, walking away with Axel. 

After they left, Klaus went into the tent, where he saw a man pinned to the ground with knifes stabbed in at every joint of the body. There was a message carved onto his chest with the knife cuts. 

"We are watching." He frowned, not being able to understand it.

Before he could leave the tent, another man came in gasping at the scene. "YOU— You killed him!"

Klaus rolled his eyes, before grabbing the man by his throat, compelling him, "Don't scream. What does this message mean?"

"It's the Devil! He made him pay for his sins!" The man exclaimed, horrified by the star tattoo mark on top of the area of the heart. 

"What utter nonsense."

"It's true! There has been news of this around the whole town! The Devil is killing anyone, who sinned! This man is the most renowned man for keeping slaves and beating them mercilessly!"

Klaus looked between the two humans.

━━━━━━━━━━

"The Devil?" Kol raised his brows at Klaus, after he told them about what he had seen.

Klaus nodded, "The man told me that there were many bodies like that one. Apparently, the Devil is out to get beasts."

"And you say that the Devil is a woman?" Elijah inquired further.

"She was beside me, when we were watching Alexander." Klaus paused, remembering her face, smile, and eyes. "She didn't look anything like a killer."

"Well, how does this involve us?" Kol asked with a tired groan. "She comes for us, we kill her off."

"Kol's right, Niklaus. We must focus on the Hunters instead. They are a much worrisome threat to us."

Klaus hummed in agreement, but his mind wandered off to Lilith. The mere thought of killing her seemed far too much for Klaus. He believed that an enemy of the enemy is a friend. So, Lilith, who seems to want to get rid of Hunters, seems like a good ally.