Her eyes sparkled as she grabbed his free hand, "But you can help me, right?!" She paused before looking at the hand she was holding. She quickly released it, "I am sorry. It's out of habit." She laughed awkwardly, scratching the back on her neck as she averted her eyes. "I forgot the human customs again. Haha..." She whispered to herself, but Klaus heard it.

"I have."

"Have what?"

"Been in love."

"Wow, you have," She leaned in, interested to learn about the love that confused her. "Tell me about it."

Lilith frowned after hearing Klaus' love story with Aurora. "First, you saw her as pretty, then you saw her as the purest soul alive and then you fell for her and told her your deepest, darkest secret? It doesn't make sense."

"It's all about trust. You have to be able to trust someone to be able to love them."

"So, Rebekah trusted Alexander and that's why she loves him?"

"Unfortunately, it seems so," Klaus groaned and rolled his eyes, sipping his tea.

Lilith frowned looking down, "I trust Axel..." She looked up at him wide eyed, "DOES THAT MEAN I LOVE HIM ROMANTICALLY?!" The thought of that brought her chills and frightened her.

Klaus' shoulders jumped from her scream. He felt like he could have gone deaf from her loud scream, if he was a human. "No, no, no... How do I explain it?... You just feel like you are flying in the open sky," He began explaining, looking at the sky with wonders shining in his eyes. "You feel free. Your mind feels free from all the worries of the world."

"Aurora must have been some hell of a sweetheart, huh?" She gave him a small smile. "To be doing such a number on you."

"She is." Klaus mutters, looking down and his hands.

Lilith stayed quiet, feeling that he needed a moment. They ended their chat there, because Lilith had places to be.

━━━━━━━━━━

A week later.

"This dress?" Rebekah put a plain cream coloured off shoulder dress against her front, showing it to Lilith. The two were on a shopping trip, after Rebekah invited Lilith.

"Hmm," Lilith looked up and down at Rebekah. "Since you have blonde curls, a pink dress would be more suitable." Lilith gestured the shop owner to get the dresses that are pink, and the owner brings it and hands it to her. "Blush pink is the way to go."

Lilith puts the dress she liked on the side. Before looking at Rebekah again.

"And a blue sapphire gem, would match your bright blue eyes... It should be a marquise cut with silver chain, due to your cold undertone. Mister Romano," She called the jeweller's name. "Please place an order of the necklace that I have just mentioned."

"Yes, madame." Mister Romano quickly writes down the details of the necklace.

"Normally, I ask Axel for dress advice, when I get too confused about what to wear for special occasions. So, you should definitely meet him. He has a great sense of style too." Lilith gestured the ladies of the shop to pack all of the dresses they selected. "Oh, by the way. Do you like cranberries?... Can you taste food?"

"I can taste them but to a lesser degree. But I do like cranberries. Why?"

Lilith clapped her hands with excitement. "Perfect! Let's go eat!"

A few moments later...

Lilith smiled, biting into a pastry covered with powered sugar and jam filling. Her lips were covered with the sugar. She moaned, closing her eyes, savouring the delightful sweet taste. Rebekah giggled softly, seeing Lilith enjoy it so much.

Lilith opened her eyes, hearing Rebekah's giggle and blushed, "I am sorry, I just love food. Especially sweets." Lilith picked up another pastry with a grin, "You don't get this in Hell." She shoved it into her mouth and melted from the taste. 

"Uh, Lilith," Rebekah fiddled with her fingers.

"Hmm?" Lilith looked up at her with her mouth full of food. 

"Did Nik... Did Nik speak with you about me and Alex?"

Lilith took a thick gulp and cleared her throat, "Why do you ask?"

"I know he's not happy about me and Alex. At first I thought, he invited you to help him break us off."

'Well, you aren't wrong there,' Lilith thought to herself. "You're right. Klaus invited me to break you and Alex."

Rebekah stiffened from Lilith's honest response. "H—how could you—"

"I have personal reasons with regards to Alexander. As for Klaus, he's only doing what any sibling would do for their sibling." Lilith wiped her lips with a napkin. "A hunter and vampire are never suppose to be together. He hunts your kind. What are the chances of him, forgetting his purpose, his duty, his honour... For you, an Original Vampire girl, who just wants love?"

"Alex would never—"

"Are you certain?"

"Yes," Rebekah replies firmly.

Lilith smiled, "Then we shall see."

"You won't tell him, right?"

"Tell who?"

"Alex... That I am a vampire."

"I won't. Because I am your friend, after all, right?" Lilith smiled, tilting her head to the side.

Rebekah nodded hesitantly. 

Lilith took Rebekah's hands into hers, making eye contact with her. "I promise you, I will take no part in separating you from Alexander."

Rebekah smiled, "Thank you."