Chapter 17: Hospital

I stood in front of the hospital, the door slid open. I walked inside and looked around frantically. Sakura waved me over, I walked over to her. 

Rory and Romeo sat in the chairs. "What happened," I asked. "Ora was crossing the street and a car tried to hit her. Indigo saved her but he got hurt in the process, he hit his head and fractured his arm. Ora is fine, she's just getting some more checkups to make sure nothing is going on inside,". "I'm going to the vending machine, do you want anything,". "No, we're fine," Sakura said. 

I walked away towards the vending machine, I saw Don shaking the machine. "You're going to break the machine," I said. "I won't break it, I would just badly injure it," he said as he continued shaking the machine. "Did you put any money in,". "No," he said slowly. He stopped shaking the machine and I placed three dollars in. "What do you want," I asked. He pointed to a bar, I pressed E4 & A2. The machine buzzed and the items fell to the bottom. "I never really used the vending machine a lot before I was put away," I grabbed his bar and handed it to him. "Could you try to learn next time," I said as I unwrapped my pie. "That's a maybe," he said as he patted my head. I swatted him away and we walked back to everyone else.

Moon stood, talking with Sakura. He saw me, cleared his throat, and turned to me. "Nova, I need to speak to you,". "Yeah sure," I said as I followed behind him. We stood on the side of a wall, Moon held his notepad in his hand. "I came here to gather witness reports. You were supposed to do the same, Captain Morgan sent you a text about it". "I didn't even see it," I said as I looked down at my phone. "That's why I came here to make sure the job got done, it seems you were too busy with your teammate," he said. "I just got here a few minutes ago, Moon,". "A few minutes could have been used to gather reports. You were here long enough to get yourself a pie,". "You did your job, Moon, so you should leave," I said as I walked away. 

He grabbed my hand and I turned back to him. "You still have to work for me Marley, you can't work against me,". "I'm not doing anything like that, you're the one making this job complicated," I said as I snatched my hand back. I sat in between Rory and Romeo, Moon glared at me as he walked to the front desk. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Sakura who was dozing off. My attention turned to Don, he just stood staring at Moon like he was going to pounce. I stood up and I went to grab his shoulder, but a doctor walked from the back with a clipboard.

"Are any of you family of Indigo Winters,". "No, we're his team,". "I have good news for you all, Indigo will make a great recovery. The injury to his head was very mild, he can be discharged in a few days. His arm will take longer to heal so you all will have to make sure he is okay,". "Can we see him," Auli asked. "Yes, right this way,". I turned to Rory as he stood. "Has any of you contacted his father,". "I have, he said he'll be here when he can," Rory said as he followed behind Auli. The doctor opened the door to Indigo's room.

 He lay in his hospital bed, a white cast covered his arm and some bandages covered his head. He opened his eyes and saw us. "Hello team, I'm glad to see you all here together,". "That's our job," Sakura said. Auli hugged Indigo tight. "I'm so glad you're okay,". "Me too," he said as he smiled at her. Ora walked into the room with some flowers in her hands. "Thank you for saving my life Indigo, if it wasn't for you I would be dead,". "A leader is supposed to protect his team, no matter the cost,". An alarm started blaring in our ears, and we all looked around. "What is that," Auli shouted. "That's the intruder alarm, it only goes off if there 's something nuclear in the building,' ' Ora shouted. "Like what," Rory shouted. "A bomb," Ora shouted.

I opened the door to Indigo's hospital room. I covered my ears, the sound of the alarm got louder and louder as I walked down the hall. Doctors and nurses ran around frantically tending to their patients. I saw Moon standing as he helped people out of the building. "Moon, call the station. Tell Captain to send the bomb squad here now," I shouted. He nodded and grabbed his phone. The team stood behind me, I turned to them. "We have to get these people out of here but we need to split up,". "Marley, you're our leader, tell us our orders," Sakura said. Everyone else nodded, I looked around at all the people. "Okay, so here's what we do,".