Chapter 23: Tomoka's side 4

Start from the beginning

Before Arisa arrived, I put on their working clothes and kept waiting.

(Hopefully she didn't mean some other shop.)

After few minutes she really arrived and I was very happy to see her in person again.

„Welcome to the store!"

I said and smiled at her. She looked at me for a very short moment too and continued walking into the shopping area. I slowly followed her.

She stopped and looked like thinking and so I reacted.

„Hello. Do you need any help?"

She looked surprised to see me... or to see the shop's clerk so soon again. But it is better when someone can help her fast than leaving her wander around alone. No. It would be better for them to leave her alone. I don't want anyone else to be helping her.

No. Thanks... I am just looking around."

(Maybe I am bothering her. She looks shy, so I will rather keep some distance to not chase her away.)

„Okay. Take your time. If you need any help, I am standing over there."

Sure, thanks."

She stopped at the stand with underwear and keeps looking around.

Does she need any help? I will rather go to ask... before anyone else can get the same idea.

„Do you need any help?"

Eeeh?"

No... thanks..."

„Are you sure? You were just looking around like searching for me."

It is just embarrassing for me and so I wanted to make sure, that no one is around."

(She is so cute.)

„I understand. Let me know if you need anything."

Sure."

I kept standing slightly behind her and looking at the stand.

(But it might be even better if she would wear the red set.)

(I can't even think about that or my head will go dizzy.)

(Ahh... she is moving her hand to something different...)

„If I could recommend then try this red set, it might suit you better."

Oh... really? Then I will take it."

(Yes!)

(Now I might have a chance to see her wearing it.)

„Thank you very much. I will pack it up for you and prepare it at the desk."

Thanks."

I packed it up for her, left it at the checkout desk and then hurried home. In the shopping area, she was mostly looking to the ground, but I am sure she would try to look at my face more while leaving the shop and I didn't want her to realize who I am.

The next day I worked as usually and then moved to my private room and waited for Arisa to appear in the game again.

Just when she arrived, I greeted her in the usual way.

„(Be my guest today.)"

Oops... I forgot, that this character of mine is not the demon lord anymore.

She didn't reply and was just staring at me.

(Did I just gave myself away?)

„(Is anything on my face?)"