not gone to plan

*Zander

It agitated me when Darias used a harsh tone towards the little one, she already looked out of her element. He was not helping.

I can't help but feel so guilty, as his Beta I've failed him. What Beta has dreams about there Alphas mate?

Do I tell him?

He'd kill me!

I let out a long sigh as I finish the dishes before grabbing my shoes and heading out.

For some reason I don't feel comfortable leaving her alone with him. Taking another deep breathe I try to control my thoughts, what am I thinking? He's a great Alpha.

I need to get control of myself.

It was just a dream. Doesn't mean anything.

Heading out of the wooden doors I see Darias a few yards ahead with Lilah, to my surprise a few other figures were there beside them.

Drake was standing to the side with another pack member. Zane.

I head over being able to see the slight uncomfortable look in her eyes. "Are you sure having an audience is a good idea?" I ask Darias. "There just precaution" his monotone was a clear warning not to question it anymore.

"Try something simple" Darias's tone had softened slightly as his attention was on lilah.

Lilah stood there silently in thought, before she slowly raises her hand. A few  leaves are pulled of the ground and begin to go in circles in the air.

"Okay good, now try something a little harder" again after some thought she obliged to Darias's words.  Again raising her hand, a few small flower petals fly through the air toward her hand before crumbling into tiny peices before us.

The small peices connect together creating the shape of a butterfly, the butterfly shone brightly before flapping its wings and flying gently in the air.

"Okay, that's enough" Darias's tone sounded panicked and sharp. Lilah confused expression matched all of ours. "Why? I have control" she said. "I said that's enough!" He snapped oddly causing her to jump and lose focus of the butterfly, it crumbled to the ground like it was nothing.

"Darias" I groaned sternly, he had no right to snap at her like that. He gives me a stern look which would usualy shut me up but not right now.

She's done nothing wrong, he's out of order. "She was fine" I tell him, he seems slightly surprised by my disobedience. No matter how hard headed Darias is I've always managed to keep him in check while respecting his authority.

Unsure of whats come over me I take a deep breathe trying to ground myself. "Just let her try again" I tell him in a more calmer tone. His eyes search mine before they soften.

He let's out a deep sigh before giving her a nod. I can still see the confusion in her eyes, she hesitates before trying again.

She begins to concentrate, her hand lifts in the air slowly before conjuring up some sparks. Her finger tips catch fire before it slowly spreads across her entire palm.

My instincts kick in wanting to put it out encase she harms herself, but she doesn't seem the slightest bit fazed. Her own magic must not effect her.

"Right, and this is supposed to prove she isn't dangerous" Zane's grumble was loud enough for everyone to hear, my hands tighten into fists at his sarcastic tone.

"Zane" Darias's tone was sharp enough to make Zone gulp in fear. "Carry on, Lilah" Darias encourages her. I can see her struggling as the seconds go by.

"I can't believe we're allowing a pathetic little girl to be apart of this pack" another grumble is heard. All eyes glare in Zanes direction.

Before I or Darias can scold him, a sudden smoke comes from Zanes sleeves before it instantly bursts into small flames.

He jumps back patting his sleathes quickly in panic, I look over to Lilah who seems annoyed but shocked by her own retaliation.

"Darlin" Darias warns grabbing her attention, she gasps softly before the fire in her hand dissapeares and the flames die down on Zanes sleeves.

Zanes growls become low as he strides towards the little one with purpose. I take a step ready to defend her but Darais had beat me to it.

He's alot taller and masculine than Zane giving off a much dominant aura. Zane would be incredibly stupid to size up to him.

"Leave" is all Darias says. "She should be punished for trying to set me on fire" he growls. His eyes dart to Lilah clearly trying to intimidate her.

Darias moves his body so she's completely out of his veiw, "Is there a problem, Zane" his voice was low and intimidating. Zanes let out a soft whisper that could be barely heard.

He steps back before taking his leave, I notice Darias's shoulders slowly relax from there tense position. "That's enough for today" he speaks.

I hear a soft sigh come from Lilah before she begins walking back to the house. "Drake, do a perimeter search" Drake nods his head before following orders.

I know pack duties always come first and before I wouldn't have hesitated to protect the pack but right now I need to make sure lilah's okay.