Chapter 18

Wednesday, thing and Faith were outside of the morgue so Wednesday could look into the bodies of the monster's latest victim. the victim was the old man from the meeting house that Wednesday, thing and faith were at an early that day.  

thing, of course being the smallest one there went through the air vents. thing drops to a camera looking like the morgue is putting black bubble gum on it. before climbing down and making his way over to the door to open it for Wednesday and Faith, then closing the door behind them after they walked into the coroner's office.

they all make their way to where they keep the dead bodies. so Wednesday can look at all the monster's latest victims. she put her bag down and started to give out the order Thing to do. 

"While I do the autopsy, you find the files of the monster's other victims and make copies,"  making thing move his hand around s, saying something to Wednesday. " doDot pouts. your scalpel skills are questionable. do you remember my 13th birthday when Uncle Fester gave me that cadaver? you sliced right through that man's carotid,"
.
With Faith not getting a job to do so s, she just sisatown on the ground to watch Wednesday work with what she was doing.  not like Faith could do something right now to help out with the investigation of the monster. 

with that being said t, the ing goes off to look for the files to copy them for Wednesday. as Wednesday opens a  freezer door where the bodies are. with the first one of the dead bodies not being the right one. or the second one the third one of the freezer doors she opened up. but the fourth one is the right one.

Wednesday grabbed someone from her bag that was a voice recorder. so that way she could make a note of what she found with the old man from the meeting house.

"lacerations and defensive wounds appear on both hands. what remains of the chest and torso indicates a frenzied attack. subject has been almost entirely disembowelled. this is curious, the subject's left foot is missing. it appears to have been chewed off at the ankle,"

thing come back into the room to tell the two girls that someone was coming into the morgue. so they have to hide somewhere in the coroner's office so they don't get caught.  with Wednesday asking if he has seen the foot anywhere. 

Wednesday hid in one of the freezers that didn't have a dead body in it. with faith was making herself invisible with a spell so one could see her. so she couldn't get away with not finding somewhere to hide with thing finding his spot to hide.

the two people walked into the room where they were hiding from them. there where the sheriff and the doctor who does all the work with the dead people.

"appreciate you coming back to the office doc," the sheriff said thanking the man for coming back to the office for him.

"no problem sheriff. whatever I can do to help. whatever or whoever is responsible for these killings. in all my years, I've never seen injuries like them. I thought you should see this before  I issued my report on the latest victim. it's a real noodle scratcher," the doctor walks to different parts of the room. which is also where they're keeping the foot that was taken off of the latest victim. showing the sheriff a foot with two missing toes. " the killer cut off two toes from the victim's left foot. My best guess is that they used a surgical saw. the final autopsy report's still pending,"

"the minute you're done, send it straight to my desk. media blackout on the toes," the sheriff asking for.

"sure thing, sheriff. been a busy couple of weeks, huh? at least I'm going out in style. Friday's my last day,"

"Happy retirement, doc,"

"gonna surprise Mrs. Anwar with a four-week cruise. excited to trade rib shears for Mai Tai. See yourself out. I'll lock up" Doctor Anwar said to the sheriff as he could see he wanted to leave so he could go home most likely. or whatever he does in his free time. the doctor walked back over to the desk only to see one of the freezer doors not closed. so he goes over to check out why it is open. doctor Anwar opens it to see Wednesday in the freezer." I don't remember this one coming in," he pokes Wednesday's cheek to see if she is dead. " full rigour. you've been dead a while. guess you won't mind waiting another day for me to cut you open,"