Chapter 8

Wednesday was back in her dorm working on a novel or more concretely trying to work on her novel. But she kept putting incorrect words on the paper making the need to take them out. after doing so Wednesday put them on the desk and Thing put them in the bin for her.

she looked at the price of the paper that she had picked of Rowan when he had died. she picked it up looking more closely than before seeing something in one of the corners of the paper. and because she didn't know what it was and there was one person would could look for that person dead or alive.

but after looking all over the school for Rowan and not finding him. Wednesday goes to Miss Weems's office to ask her about it. " I need to speak with Rowan. I can't find him"

"it won't be possible I'm afraid. he's been expelled" Miss Weems informed Wednesday

"for what" Wednesday questioned Miss Weems wanting to know what Rowan did that got him expelled from school with her not saying he tried to kill her two times. there should be no reason for that other than the fact he's dead.

"never you mind, he'll be on the first train out this afternoon. what were you doing in the woods with him anyways" Miss Weems asked Wednesday a question she had answered already.

" I told you already. I heard a noise and went to investigate," Wednesday says the same thing she said when the sheriff asked her.

"the excuse might have placated the sheriff, but you can't fool me. you had a psychic vision didn't you" Miss Weems says like it's a fact and with Wednesday not saying anything about it says Miss Weems is right. "I realized you might be having them when we passed by the accident and you knew that poor farmer had broken his neck. your mother started having visions around your age. they were notoriously unreliable and dangerous. I remember at first, she thought she might be losing her mind. Have you spoken to her about them" Once again Wednesday did not say anything back to Miss Weems " Clearly the person withholding information here is you"

"May I go now?" Wednesday asks

"Not until you picked your extracurricular activity. we want our students to be well-rounded"

"I prefer to remain sharp-edged," Wednesday tells her not wanting to have to do more things with the school than before.

"I've taken the liberty of putting together a list of clubs that have openings" Miss Weems handed Wednesday a clipboard with a list of different clubs on it.

"how thoughtful"

"you need to have picked one by the end of the day. I'll be keeping my eye on you. no doubt you'll find something that tickles your fancy"

"the last person who tickled me lost a finger," Wednesday said leaving the office without getting what she wanted in the first place and leaving with something she did not want to do not all.

"Weems is clearly trying to keep tabs on me. keep an eye on Rowan don't let him out of your sight." Wednesday ordered Thing to do while she went and looked for a club to join after Thing left Wednesday to do the task that he had been ordered to do by Wednesday. She walked out into the quad to see that is where the choir group was set up.

Wednesday walks up to the group not wanting to be there. but with Miss Weems making Wednesday's choice a club needed to be there. well, maybe she could say something to help her with the rowan thing that going on. not that Wednesday knows what going to go at this point.

When Bianca noticed Wednesday she turned in her and said "Weems said you be stopping by but to be honest after your performance at the harvest festival, drama club might be more your speed," 

"After I passed out who did you tell? the sheriff." Wednesday question Bianca.

"you think I'd trust normie cops? I went straight to Weems and let her handle it. any let's get this audition over with. what are you? alto, soprano, or just loco" Bianca says to Wednesday the rest of the choir behind Binanca laughs.