Chapter 2

it was now night time and Wendeady was finishing taking off the colour on her side of the room window. when the door to the room opens, Enid comes in shocked looking at what her roommate has done to her room. "what the hell did you do to my room?" Enid questions Wednesday.

"dividing our room equally looks like a rainbow vomited on your side." Wednesday's state as she used her foot to move over the pieces of vinyl to her roommate's side of the room.

"I" enid well to say something before she got cut off by Wednesday saying something before she could finish speaking.

"silence would be appreciated, this is my writing time." Wednesday walked over to her desk so she could start her one hour of writing for the day.

"your writing time," Enid questioned her roommate.

"I devote an hour a day to my novel. Perhaps if you did the same your blog might be coherent. I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation."

"I write in my voice, it's my truth. it's what my followers love"

" your followers are clearly imbeciles, they respond to your stories with insipid little pictures"

"uh, you mean emojis? it is how people express their feelings. you know, I realize that's a foreign concept to you"

"When I look at you the following emojis come to mind rope, shovel, hole. by the way, there are two Ds in Addams. if you're going to gossip about me at least spell my name correctly,"

Enid that this point in time has had enough of Wednesday. so she decided to play some pop music on her side of the room. announce her roommate trying to write her novel. Wednesday sits there for two seconds before she turns around to talk to Enid about the pop music that is playing.

"turn that off" Wednesday deemed her roommate to true of the pop music that was playing. "this is your final warning" Wednesday now got up to make Enid turn off the music that she was listening to. when Wednesday was three steps away from Enid she brought out her claws.

"don't mess with me this kitty' got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them" Then the door to the room opened to a red-handed woman walking into the room. both girls turn to look at the woman who enters their room Enid also puts her hand behind her back. 

"good evening girls. sorry about the mad. I wanted to see how Wednesday was settling in" The red-headed woman looked down at the ground to see a line of tape in the middle of the room. she moves her feet so that way there on both sides of the line.

"Ah is this a bad time? I'm Ms Thornhill, your dorm mum. apologies I wasn't here to greet you when you arrived. I trust Enid has given you the old Nevermore Welcome"

"She has been smothering me with hospitality. I hope to return the favour" Wednesday says and Enid smiles brightly "In her sleep" Enid's smile drops when hearing the last part.

"well, here is a little welcome gift from my conservatory. I try to match the right flower to each one of my girls. and when I read your personal statement in your application I immediately thought of this one."

"the black dahlia"

"oh you know it"

of course, it is named after my favourite unsolved murder. Thank you"

"okey-dokey. before I leave I want to go over a few house rules. light off at 10, no loud music, and no boys, ever"

"What is the story about going into the local town"

"passes to Jericho are a privilege, not a right. It's a brisk 25-minute walk, or there's a shuttle on the weekend. the locals are a tad bit wary about Nevermore so please don't go making any waves or perpetuating any outcast stereotypes. that means keep your claws to yourself. and no, smothering people in their sleep. Are we clear?"