Chapter 72 Hakudoshi's Arrogance

(To (Y/N) )

It's been a few weeks since I came back to my own time, I'd been going to classes like I used to and it's starting to feel like old times especially since-

"(Y/N), why didn't you wake me up?!" Kagome's voice rang out as she hurriedly raced after me down the stairs. "She immediately chased after me when she found out I came back and we've been going to school together." I think as I let out a sigh.

"Because I thought you could get up by yourself for a change." I point out and she puts on a pouty expression. "I didn't mean to stay this long." I think as we walked into the kitchen.

"You girls lunches are on the table!" Aunty's voice rings out from the living room.

"Thanks Mom!" Kagome calls out as she grabs her lunch. "I came back to settle my life here and leave, but it's hard..." I think as I grab my lunch.

"Thank you, Aunty!" I call out as well.

"Have a good day!" Aunty calls back as we both turn and make our way to the door. "All the memories I have here are eating away at me." I think as we see Sota outside the door.

"Sota, you really don't have to walk with us." I inform, but he shakes his head.

"No, it's a Hero's duty to protect the civilians and his family!" Sota proclaims causing Kagome to let out a sigh and I chuckle. "Once I leave here, I'll have to completely devote myself to my fate." I think and I nod.

"My Hero." I muse as we were about to pass the Sacred Tree. "Even if my fate is to die." I think as I stop and stare at the tree.

"Inuyasha?!" I hear Kagome's voice ring out causing me to turn and see Inuyasha was standing in of the well and I let out a sigh.

"Great the Dog-boys here." I remark causing Inuyasha to turn to me.

"Yeah, it's time to go back!" Inuyasha demands causing Kagome to shake her head and they begin to get into a fight.

(To Kanna)

"As I pass through the lengthy struggle of life in this fleeting world, I cannot help but long for the midnight moon I once saw." Kanna mutters as Naraku sat a few feet away holding a heart in his hand.

"Do not let him escape, Kagura." Naraku instructs with a venomous grin.

(To Kagura)

She was standing in front of a cell that Goryoumaru was being held in. Suddenly demons appeared through a portal in the cell and raced towards him. Without a moment of hesitation Goryoumaru stood up and the light from his Demon arm killed the Demons heading towards him and began to eat their remains.

"Hey, Goryoumaru. What exactly are you? And why has Naraku imprisoned you in here?" Kagura asks with a confused expression.

"If you truly wish to know the answer to your questions, then release him." A voice rings out causing Kagura to turn and see Hakudoshi standing behind her.

"Hakudoshi." Kagura mutters causing him to scoff.

"You're too afraid of Naraku to follow through." Hakudoshi jibes as he walks towards her and she scoffs.

"I suppose you have no fear of betraying Naraku." Kagura snaps back.

"Enough of this. The time has come for you to make a choice, Kagura. Will you die as a slave to Naraku, or will you escape with me and have your freedom?" Goryoumaru questions causing her to narrow her eyes at him.