Chapter 10 The Mirror

(To me)

"Please, I promise not to be a burden. Let me come!" Koharu requests sitting on the ground across from Inuyasha and Kagome, while I was standing beside Songo.

"No chance." Inuyasha states.

"It would be dangerous for you to come along with us." Kagome adds and I nod. "Yeah, epically if he comes after me." I think as Kirara jumps into my arms as I stare down at her. "A part of me hopes he will, but another part wants to be as far away as possible... No just stop thinking about it!" I think as I slightly shake my head.

"Stop arguing and stay behind!" Inuyasha demands causing me to roll my eyes at Inuyasha.

"You don't have to be so harsh." I point out causing Inuyasha to glare over at me and I do the same.

"It is in your best interest." Songo declares breaking the glaring contest between me and Inuyasha.

"She's right." Shippo agrees causing Koharu to put on a sad expression.

"Please Koharu." Kagome pleads.

"I have spoken to the Village elder." Miroku's voice rings out causing us all to look over to see him walking towards us.

"Miroku." Koharu calls out as she stands up from the ground.

"Koharu come with me, would you?" Miroku requests causing her to walk over to him and they begin to walk down the hill. We were watching as Miroku brings Koharu into his arms as they then sit down on the ground and I put on a confused expression. "If you're trying to push her away that is not the way to do it." I think as I roll my eyes.

"Does it look like he setting her straight?" Inuyasha asks.

"From up her it looks more like he's seducing her." Kagome answers.

"Perverted Monk." I add as I glare down at him.

"Lecher, he's all over the girl. A parting like that will make her fall deeper in love." Songo remarks causing Inuyasha to stare up at Songo and my eyes widen. "Could she be-"

"Why are you staring?" Songo questions.

"I might just be imagining it Songo, but is there a little jealousy thing going on here?" Inuyasha asks causing me to immediately put my hand to my face as Songo glares at him.

"It's you're imagination!" Songo declares causing me to look over to see a huge fiery aura surrounding her. "What a moron?!" I think as I see Inuyasha hiding behind Kagome.

"If you say so." Kagome says.

(Time Skip)

Miroku, I'm begging you. Won't you stay with me one last night?" Koharu asks.

"You heard Koharu. Won't you please stay the night with us?" The elder questions causing me to stare up at the dark sky.

"No, I fear that postponing our departure will only make it that much harder for her." Miroku answers and I nod. "It wouldn't be good to stay in one place for too long." I think as I then glance over to see tears forming in Koharu's eyes and she turns and quickly runs into the house.

"Stay for her sake, one last night won't make that much difference." Songo states causing me to look down at the ground.

"It would probably help seeing as we're the only people here she knows." Kagome's adds.

"I must decline. If reason gave way to passion and Koharu became pregnant she would be burdened for the rest of her life with my likeness." Miroku declares causing Kagome, Songo and I to shrink back in disgust.